Tyrone Jones Fund

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Winnipeg Blue Bomber Alumni are saddened to announce that one of! greatest and most popular Blue Bomber players of all-time, former CFL all-star linebacker Tyrone Jones, has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

Jones played for the Blue Bombers from 1983 until 1991 and was an integral part of one of the most feared defenses in CFL history.

Tyrone is in Winnipeg this week for the annual Blue Bomber Legacy Dinner, which celebrates the 75th anniversary of the football club. He will also be introduced to Blue Bomber fans at half-time of the team’s Oct. 10 game vs the B.C. Lions.

The football club announced today that the proceeds from the sale of all NEVER ALONE bracelets this weekend, including tonight’s Legacy Dinner, will be given to Jones to assist him.

Meanwhile, the Winnipeg Blue Bomber Alumni have set up a trust account for Tyrone to help with cancer treatment and pain medication expenses.

Fans who wish to donate to the fund, may drop by any TD Canada Trust location, or send a cheque to:

Winnipeg Blue Bomber Alumni / Tyrone Jones Fund

C/O TD Canada Trust

2030 Corydon Avenue

Winnipeg, MB R3P 0N2

– 30 –

FOR MORE INFORMATION

Bob Toogood, president

Winnipeg Blue Bombers Alumni

Ph: 204-771-9710

I'm sorry to hear abou that, My praires are with him.

Say it ain't so, I caught the last half of the new's story last night...Ty Jones is a true warrior, all those peaple who are feeling alone, with there battle against cancer, have a great warrior to lead them. I for one will be making the trip to a TD bank...Our hearts are with you Tyrone Jones...

So sad to hear about Ty.......and further on the topic of former cflers did you happen to see the piece on Milson Jones in this mornings Free Press....he is drug addicted, alcoholic homey arrested three times in Winnipeg for theft....ironically Willard Reeves works for the Sheriffs office and lead Jones into his court appearance......WTF

No kidding, he hasn't played in a long long time, makes you think with a great career Milson had,he could of went into coaching or some P..R job. Makes no sense to me, but I do know one thing for sure, all my prayers are with Tyrone Jones and his problem at hand.

i loved the way Tyrone played the game! he is definitely a bomber legend! all my best to Tyrone and his family!