Two players fined after Week 11 action

TORONTO β€” The CFL has announced the following discipline resulting from Week 11:

As per league policy, the amounts of the player fines were not disclosed.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.cfl.ca/2022/08/24/two-players-fined-after-week-11-action/

Get Marino out of the League, period.

7 Likes

Is it just me or are we seeing a pattern here? :thinking:

3 Likes

Marino again? Unreal. What about when rourke was sacked-------Too much WWF twisting the head baloney while he was down by robertson. What a shame

2 Likes

Lionbil

What happened to Rourke was not a result of any dirty play. Marino being fined again is a joke many players will react the same way he did without fine. Toronto (CFL) is just looking for ways to make certain players or teams scapegoats for officials lack of control during games. Stop looking for league to discipline players were none is needed.

2 Likes

Really?, The injury, but the twisting head while down? Watch it, it's there for all to see in the hilites. So cut the baloney about your riders being scapegoats. Marino--should be gone!

1 Like

Wow the league is really getting petty. Marino planted an olinemen as his team took a procedure call... clean football play.

At this rate Marino would have been better of taking a 7-11 job for the summer. He may go home with less money than he came with.

2 Likes

And certain Rider heads are exploding everywhere over their little angel Garrett getting fined again . :rofl:

1 Like

It is going to be Marino getting fined every week. The reason: 1) Marino isn't going to change his well learned playing habits . 2)The officials are going to keep a special eye on him . But only for good reason.
Craig Dickenson would be better off putting Marino on the practise roster as his playing is going to cost the Team valuable yards.

4 Likes

Dirty play again by Marino. Watched it in regular speed, he actually gets up out of his 3 point and stops. Here's the whistle and then decides to give the cheap shot. The guy is a loser, playing in a losing culture (sorry Rider Nation, but it currently is) with a coach who is clueless. I expect more of the same this week

1 Like

Rider Forum is whining. They're all looking through some pretty thick green goggles at this point. Maybe they'll do the weekly Go Fund Me parade for Marino this time.

2 Likes

It's a good thing that Garrett's first name isn't Simoni . Bunch of freaking hypocrites . Go fund this , freaking crybabies !!! :nauseated_face:

1 Like

1 Like

I thought that the most dangerous play of his three attempts to injure was the attempted decapitation of Whitehead. Had he made contact he surely would be gone for the year.

1 Like

Had he made contact both would probably be gone for the year. Mowing down a defenceless Godber was dangerous too. Glad to see he got dinged on at least one of those plays. The guys a loose cannon.

2 Likes

Marino, coming for your guy next; just wait...

Players are getting too physical. It’s time for the league to switch to flag football.

How is that clean? Everyone else on the field knew the play was dead. And even if Marino somehow hadn't heard the whistle, Godber hadn't moved and was still in his stance. Anyone playing clean who legitimately didn't hear the whistle would have just run right past him because their job is to get to the QB. I mean, how many procedure calls are made each season? How many times does an offensive lineman get completely bowled over on one? Marino deliberately made a decision to go out of his way to hit someone who was in a vulnerable position. He's trying to hurt people. That's as dirty as it gets.

I'm a Rider fan too but Marino should not be in this league. And I'm losing more and more respect for Jeremy O'Day and Craig Dickenson the longer they allow him to run rampant like this.

7 Likes

The problem is Dickenson, he doesn't have control of his team. We'll see if Karma plays out on the players who stood in solidarity behind Marino during his interview too. I mean that's all fine and dandy until he continues to intentionally try and hurt someone. Seeing that it only took "1 freaking play" on the attempt to decapitate Whitehead, it's time for the players, coaches and O'Day to kick him to the curb.

3 Likes