Two new recievers

[url=http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=262988&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_cfl]http://tsn.ca/cfl/story/?id=262988&lid= ... dlines_cfl[/url]
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have signed import receivers Brandon 'Bam' Childress and Johnny Quinn to one-year plus an option contracts. Financial details of the signings were not released.

Childress played four seasons at Ohio State and was a member of the 2002 BCS National Championship team. He finished his collegiate career with 33 catches for 392 yards and added 159 yards on nine punt returns. Childress signed with New England following his collegiate career and spent three seasons on the Patriots practice roster. He dressed in one regular season game and recorded three receptions for 32 yards. He signed with Philadelphia in 2008 and attended training camp with the Eagles.

‘‘Bam was a part-time starter at Ohio State, but his athletic ability made him one of the surprises in New England’s training camp back in 2005,’’ said Roughriders general manager Eric Tillman. ‘‘He was a long shot to make their team, but the Patriots loved his speed, intelligence and versatility and, as such, kept Bam for two seasons.’’

Johnny Quinn finished his collegiate career at North Texas as the school’s leader in receptions with 187, receiving yards with 2,706 and 21 receiving touchdowns. He led the team in receiving in each of his four seasons. He also returned 39 kickoffs for 696 yards and 50 punts for 421 yards and a touchdown. He signed with the Buffalo Bills as a free agent in 2007 and also spent time on the Green Bay Packers practice roster.

‘‘Our initial interest in Johnny was based on a high recommendation by Dalton Bell, who spent time with Johnny in Green Bay,’’ added Tillman. ‘‘After doing our research, we validated everything Dalton had told us about this young man: great character, strong work ethic, a history of production, an excellent blocker and a very solid return guy.’’

Maybe somebody should mention that we’re already too deep at reciever.

If you’re somebody that believes there is such thing as too much depth.

it can't hurt, i think there may be a few vets let go asmore youth talent finds its way here, sounds like childress can play multiply positions so he will be interesting to watch, as for the other guy i like the fact that Dalton recommended him, if the 2 already have chemistry i dont see a problem in giving him a shot

Both guys have return ability and that is an area which is essential for us to upgrade in 2009! We plan to sign another two or three guys with the potential to flip the field for us, go to camp, and let them compete. But, like I said, we have to improve in that critical element of the game.

You simply have to like a player named "Bam". I assume he got a signing bonus just for the name?
Johnny Quinn actually has a nice ring to it as well. I've always felt far too much attention is paid to how players perform in college and not nearly enough to just getting guys with names that say "that guy must play football..."

Quinn is a good signing. Should make a decent possession receiver on the wide CFL field.

I just can't imagine Quinn not playing for the Eskimos.