Two more undrafted, fifth-year Canucks signed Taman Style

We signed about 20+ guys to contract extensions, no doubt using the bonus to a large extent.
Plus Joseph took a 150,000 pay cut.
I think Armstead took a pay cut as well--not sure on that one.
But with Davis, Greene, Mitchel, Bush and Morgan gone, plus the Big Chill retiring, that opens up appox. 700 thou.If the replacement guys are playing for 70%, that saves at least another 200. My guess is that 70% is generous...
So even without factoring in the "bonus" loophole, or any other pay cuts, we have reduced the payroll by roughly 350-400 thou.
That means if we only averaged signing bonuses of 25 thou per guy, which is not a large figure (for example, Derik Armstong was reported to have received 150,000 as a bonus, was he not?)that is another 500 thou. So that puts us about 100-300 thou under the cap.
These numbers are rough guesses, but I see no reason to believe we aren't under the cap now, or will be.
Tillman says we are very close. I think he is just hedging.

I think TO will have more trouble than us, and maybe Montreal.
I suspect from what Tillman says, he thinks Edmonton must be on the bubble. They only spent 200-300 thou less than us last year, but RR hasn't taken a pay cut, and they have been signing free agents.
But then they certainly used the "loophole" last year as well.
I think Winnipeg, BC and Hamilton should be in pretty good shape.

I forgot that with KK gone, we likely will save about 100 grand at the RB position. And Darion Durant is certainly making less money than Rocky was.
I said from the beginning that while there would be some pain, the cap was not going to be all that hard to get under....

I wonder who the three to four teams are that will not be under the cap as Ted stated. Only time will tell but the Ekies have been trimming to make that cap. And they have done lots. I would say it might be Montreal, Toronto and BC but I may be wrong it is only a guess. Toronto does not have the high priced running back he went back to the Dolphins and they cut some of the contract fat as well. So it is hard to say.

I dont think Ted knows what he is talking about 05, Montreal signed most of their guys to extensions via the loop hole, Edmonton, Toronto and the Riders released many vets. BC maybe.

Okay Piggy Ted Hellard the guy that heads up the SMS committee on the BOG knows nothing. But you do! Alright make sure to sign up for your classes. Oh while your at it wake up dear old dad he must be ojn a run away again. Just roll him up in the carpet and bring him as well. :lol:

It actually makes you wonder why Ted would even bring this up, are the audit results going to be made public…maybe Ted is just getting his list of excuses ready in advance this season.

Why would Ted need to have excuses old ham hock?

I guess we will find out in November.

Find out what? You told me that this would not be public. You know much more then Ted Hellard.