Here we go again with the TV ratings and the discrepancy in the NFL lumping "regional or late games" into one viewing number.
Plus, again we do not have the RDS figures as they are posted in Quebec only, but our local posters have not submitted the latest figures, other then the mid year season average of 260,000. A figure which I will use and rightfully so until someone can provide us with the actual count. Having said that, I would suspect this amount would be higher now since the Als are out of their "funk" and are battling the Argos for first place. No doubt, the last game of the year at Toronto will be huge for both CBC and RDS and in excess of 1M viewers should be involved.
For now, here is my top 10.
- Hockey, Saturday Cal-Tor CBC @1.486M down 26% from 05
- CFL, Friday Mon-Sask TSN @350,000 huge numbers slightly above average, winning Friday but with RDS @260,000(see above), I am declaring overall audience @610,000
- CFL, Sunday BC-Cal TSN @582,000 unbelievable huge and largest of the year smoking all NFL and proves the point we should have more Sunday games as every Sunday we have shown Canadians watch the CFL. Of cours, winning the day.
- Hockey, Saturday Edm-Col CBC @509,000, low DH number
- CFL, Saturday Tor-Edm CBC @447,000, up from season average of 416,000
- Baseball, Saturday Oak-Det Sportsnet @340,000
- Baseball, Sunday NY-St.L Sportsnet @332,000, outdrawing NFL
- Baseball, Friday St.L-NY Sportsnet @312,000, outdrawing hockey TSN Buff-Det @234,000
- NFL, Sunday "late games" combining see above several games on Global with a dismall 291,000 and still beaten 2 to 1 by the CFL
- CFL, Sunday Win-Ham TSN @286,000 below season average but still one game unlike NFL many games.