The TV numbers are out for the past weekend and without specifics and I hate this "reliable source" scenario, the Neilsen Media Group lists the NFL officially as number 1. But, and it is a large but, it would appear all "early games" are counted for their total.
This makes absolutely no sense as we can just as easily state all CFL late afternoon plus games on the Saurday garnered a whopping 1,224,000 viewers and we are not wrong.
For this obvious and because of the RDS unknown exact numbers, I have declared the CFL as the rightful number 1.
- CFL, Friday Mon-Win TSN @320,000 which is right at their season average, but the RDS average number for Montreal is another 260,000 = 580,000 winning hands down the Friday night.
- NFL, Sunday "early games" Global @512,000 see above for proper explanation.
- CFL, Saturday Cal-Tor CBC @489,000 great prime time and well above season average by nearly 100,000
and winning Saturday.
- CFL, Saturday Edm-Sask TSN @468,000 unbelievable huge numbers again and another late eastern 10pm-1am slot produced same.
- Baseball, Saturday Tor-NY Sportsnet @340,000 very good numbers for team out of playoffs and no doubt the Yankee draw.
- NFL, Sunday Seat-Chi TSN @375,000 I can live with the one game scenario.
- Baseball, Sunday Tor-NY Sportsnet @298,000 swan song
- Baseball, Friday Tor-NY Sportsnet @286,000
- CFL, Saturday BC-Ham TSN @267,000 meaningless game = poor numbers
- Golf, Sunday WGC TSN @232,000