TV TRANSMISSION PROBLEM...CONSPIRACY?

Here's the problem with CBC carrying games. If they do, and TSN say carries a Blue Jay game the same night as a CFL game, come time for Sportscentre it'll be the Blue Jays game highlights at the beginning of the show. Right now CFL always, from what I can tell, gets the first hightlights on Sportscentre and I think a large part of that is because TSN airs all the games. Don't underestimate the value of Sportscentre.
Remember, CBC doesn't have an all sports channel and sports news on CBC is not a high priority.

What was that Rob Black said? Something like, "I hope they get things fixed soon. I want to go home." :roll: Regardless of whether that was tongue-in-cheek, not real professional.

I am happy with the TSN coverage, and far prefer the product they produce over what CBC used to give us.

Improvements? Sure. . . losing Rod Black is a good place to start.

Second. . . this seems to be happening with increasing frequency. . . a player goes out due to injury, and it is several plays later, if at all, that the announcers deign to tell us who's replacing him. I wish they'd tell as soon as said replacement comes on the field.

Yup rhymes, heard that too and was sort of flabergasted unless that was Rod’s dry sense of humour, which it could have been, who knows. I think I’d like to find out who the real Rod Black actually is or what he’s all about. He seems to really like football and the CFL and get the Grey Cup, seems to ???

When I heard it also from Black, I couldn't believe it either.
So this plus his poor quality should equal being out of the picture, gonzo for next year.
Bring back Gord Miller, he is really good.

Gord is great, agree, I think hockey is his first love but that’s quite alright actually.

I smell an idiot. Fortunately, that one post will be his first and last, I’m guessing. Also probably fortunate is CBC will either ignore or lose his letter to them.

And Cohon is smart enough to ignore tirades written in crayon, so we’re probably okay there too.

I still stick to the gopher conspiracy theory!

Gainer wants to start a "GOPHER NATION" with himself as furry dictator!

:lol: :lol: I agree with you on everything.

TSN is first rate. It's as good as ANY network I have ever seen. It's commitment to the CFL is plainly obvious to all who wish see it.

It will be cold day in hell before the CFL goes back to amateur hour on CBC, where the league apparently had lower standing that a two-bit crap movie, and the executives are incommunicado with the producers.

Dumping TSN is just about the stupidest idea I have ever read on this board (and I've foisted a few of my own!).

See! And this is coming from a smart guy.

No one wants to dump TSN, of course that would be ludicrous.
But, surely the network can improve and most of us want more coverage be it pre or post game, a weekly panel show, etc.
Pretty much everything the NFL has and ultimately is carried by TSN and Sportsnet.
The TV viewership for our league is quickly approaching NHL numbers and it does obviously warrent.
TSN is making mega dollars on the league as the current contract is grossly undervalued.
It would not hurt to supplement TSN with another network on a piece meal/ per game basis.

You’re making an assumption that everyone who can access TSN also has access to TSN2 which is not the case.

My problem with TSN is when they don’t cut away from post-event festivities of the event airing prior to a game. Missing the first quarter of a game because of a trophy presentation at a golf tournament and post-tournament interviews is not acceptable to me. If the event itself was not over that’s one thing but not cutting away from the wrap-up is another.

He wanted to see if figure skating was on anywhere.

I agree with everything but the last post. Who’s gonna do any kind of a job on piecemeal basis? The CFL is not like hockey or baseball where there are a gazillion games to divvy up.

I agree about the possible shenanigans by Rogers.
Before the start of Battle of the Blades, a highly rated CBC show, there was "transmission' problems.
Now before the biggest football games of the year in Canada, there's "transmission" problems.
These problems are occuring during a squabble Rogers and the networks are having over money.
Some say its coincidental?
If it happens again at the start of the Grey Cup, Rogers better have armed gaurds at the door.

And about divvying up CFL games between CBC and TSN.
What, there's 4 games a week?
Give TSN 3 games and CBC 1 game plus the playoffs and Grey Cup.
25 mil from TSN. And 25 mil from CBC.

Whoa whoa whoa! What the hell makes you think the CBC deserves the playoffs and Grey Cup? Good lord, man... :?

The league could sell one game a week to another network, a 18-game Sunday night package, for instance (6:00 pm ET on CBC or Global) and 3 games a week on TSN, Thursday night, Friday night and Saturday night (and perhaps Sat or Sun afternoon after Labour Day).

Then the CFL would get promotion on two full networks, although I doubt CTV runs many ads promoting the CFL?

I kinda like Friday night double-headers, thanks.

And hopefully CBC will be extinct before this contract is up.

I'm with Artie. I like the Friday night double headers. I wish they'd do them more often. And to be honest, I wouldn't be too happy about a Sunday game @ 6 as I'd miss the first quarter of SNF. I know some here would like to see the CFL go up against the NFL, but I don't see the point for a couple reasons: 1) We all know the CFL will win, even if the Colts and Patriots are playing, and 2) I'm all about having as much football as possible! Why limit the amount of football you can have by putting games up against each other.