TV Ratings

What would it be without the weekly TV ratings thread.
Perhaps we should just make a permanent one?
In any case, 4 out of the top 5 this week.
Had the Toronto-Edmonton game not start 10 Eastern, the ratings would have been much higher.

Anyways, http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/20 ... ht-ra.html

CFL the most popular sport in Canada, as usual! :rockin:

i didnt notice this thread until now.

unusual to see the riders game not at the top. the tigercats have reclaimed the top of the ratings. must be 2005 again...lol

It makes no difference to me personally but the response you are going to get is that the TorStar ratings only include English-language TV; it does not include RDS viewership which, even on the worst of days, would put that game way over the top.

After my last post, I happened to skim the comments to the TorStar article and a guy named "Joel", whoever he is, posted this:

Since it's been asked a bunch of times here are some RDS ratings.
In 2008, Alouettes regular season games averaged 208,000.
In 2009, thye averaged 249,000.
For the season opener on Canada Day, the game drew 378,000. That is also the regular season CFL game record for RDS.
Don't know about the other games this season but my bet is they are in the 250,000 to 300,000 range.

No idea who he is or where he gets the numbers but take it for what it is worth.

thats about in line with what argotom has been preaching.

funny how they put asteriks to let people know the NFL ratings dont include ABC or NBC numbers ( or some american channel ), yet they dont put the asterik to remind people they are missing the RDS numbers.

those are great ratings. i enjoy looking at that blog
ironically CFL haters can't grasp those numbers... it drives them insane

Should be interesting what the Bills-Colts game yields this week. Is it even televised?

funny how they put asteriks to let people know the NFL ratings dont include ABC or NBC numbers ( or some american channel ), yet they dont put the asterik to remind people they are missing the RDS numbers.
NFL ratings on CTV and CITY always include those watching on the American channels in Canada. These games are simulcast and there is no additional audience watching CBS, ABC, FOX, they are watching the same program and are included in the Canadian ratings.

Many sports journalists claim "we don't know" how many people are watching the NFL game on the American channels, so the NFL ratings are actually higher, but this is false. The CTV/City signal is substituted on the American channel on cable and are included in the published ratings.

Since when do the Rider's not have a week atop the T.V. ratings?Scary :o

They had too much Pilsner and passed out?

I love how I been told for three years now that soccer was going to destroy the cfl in Canada. Yet here we are and more people watch cfl pre game then soccer. I think now they just claim it will destroy the Argos... Like the bills were susposed to do. Does rds show all cfl or just ALS games? Maybe there are tons of rider Fans that only speak French that would live to watch the banjo bowl. That would change the ratings as well

There are lunatics everywhere .. just ignore them and you'll be able to live a happier life. Having existed for over half a century, CFL has its roots very deep into the ground. Nothing but CFL itself can destroy it.

They aren't always going to have the highest ratings... that said anyone playing the Al's should have lower numbers since a big chunk of the Al's viewers watch the games on RDS which isn't included. It likely eclipsed the 1 million mark if you include that.

This week's ratings again. Back at the very top like always.
Ho, hum :smiley:

[url=http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/2010/08/here-are-the-weekendsmost-watched-sports-events-on-english-language-television-according-to-bbm-canada-ratings--1-cfl-alo.html]http://thestar.blogs.com/sportsmedia/20 ... l-alo.html[/url]

That Argo's Als game likely exceeded 1 million again since RDS numbers aren't included.