TV NUMBERS - MIA?

The bad news for the Lions is that they're not drawing the crowds at Empire that they were expecting going in, averaging 23,933 per game in 27,500 seat Empire Field (a 2-6 home record hardly helped their cause). However, the good news is that local TV numbers for Lions games are up 50% over last year. According to the Lions beat reporter in the Vancouver Province, "the regional number (in the BC - Winnipeg game) was 377,000 in B.C., which compared quite favourably to the 406,000 Canucks-Florida viewers on Sportsnet Pacific which ran one time slot removed."

Considering it was the worst 4th quarter implosion in team history, that might not have been a good thing. :cry: All 8 home games have been televised this year. IMHO, the product at Empire looks a lot better on TV than all the rows of blue seats and dull lighting inside BC Place.

I was just about to say how surprising these numbers are, but then I realized that 5 or 10 years ago these would have been surprising. But they are what I have come to expect from the CFL of 2010. Still good news for the Lions and the CFL.

:thup:

I don't know, BC Place never looked dull in lighting to me. I think the new BC Place with the roof being able to be lowered will be wonderful, and able to open as well.

I could be problematic if the temp stadium was so perfect people were clammering to get in that it was sold-out every game. It seems to me people are looking forward to the new BC Place, which is good.

Glad to hear the TV numbers are up there! Getting rid of Printers was good idea too.

I do agree how that jewel of a stadium at Empire looks awesome on TV.
Also after using it this year, please dismantle and ship it over here for us to be used by the Argos.
We desperastely need a new and proper venue to watch the best entertainment around. Ok save and except last weeks fiasco.

As a temp stadium Argo T, they’ve done an incredible job. I know I am in the minority here, but I would be perfectly happy to stay there, never really having been a fan of BC Place. It would do wonders for the Argos. I just love the feeling of being so close to the action (I keep hoping Chapdelaine can hear my heckling :lol:), the sight lines are amazing, and everyone (between the goal lines at least) are tightly packed in so you really feel like you’re part of the crowd).

The concessions stands meet all the requirements of a permanent facility, there are lots of port-o-potties and washroom trailers everywhere - if you didn’t look past the giant white fabric on the outer perimeter, you’d never guess it’s just a temporary facility!

Interesting rhymes.