TURKEYBEND'S PRE-SEASON POLL!!!!!

Welcome back CFL brothers and sisters in arms.
Without delay let's get to our bold predictions:

1. Saskatchewan Roughriders- Without a doubt the classiest run team in the league supported by the best fans!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: Stole a hometown boy from B.C. and we all know pre-season is pre-season -yawn! Watchfor Riders to shock the league this year back to the Grey Cup!!!!! Sorry Stamps!!

2. Calgary Stampeders- Henry has matured and they are defending champs with a strong returning nucleus. Will be so sad when they lose the Western final to the Dreaded Roughriders at home. Ouch!!!!! :lol: :lol: The Stamps should have hired another Sutter brother rather than dainty Dave Dickenson!!!

3. Edmonton Esks- most improved team in the league- stole a stellar coach from my Riders and beefed up the defence big time. Ricky Ray is one of the premier qbs in the league and now has a running game. Will challenge Calgary in the West for top spot. Except the weather will curse theEsks come playoff time because living in Edmonton is second worse only to living in Winnipeg in winter. Noel Prefontaine will wish he got traded to Sacremento not Edmonton. They are not called the Eskimos for nothing!! :lol: Congrats to Oiler fans on hiring 82 year old Pat Quinn, a new innovative coach with fresh ideas!!

4. Montreal Als- Somehow despite old age and too many bagels the Als keep winning the East and this year will be no different. Anthony C. is almost as old as Chris Chelios - cmon retire will ya!! Veteran bunch who know how to win the east anyway!!

5. B.C. Pussycats- certainly have gone downhill with the loss of their slotback and Defensive Player of the Year.
    and Paul McCallum has 450,000 kms. on his legs- trade him in to the glue factory for a rebate. QB situation is uncertain howevery the 4th string guy looks good and may be the starter before the year is out. Besides, their stadium is being renovated for the Olympics so bring a broom and dustpan to each game and hats as they carve out the roof of BC Place in LotusLand, the land of Pot and Honey and Ferries. The Greatest Place for Smurfs!

6. Winnipeg, Toronto, Hamilton- Wretched stuff to watch. I suppose the Argos get the nod but not by much. The Bombers are a crapshoot at this time of the year with new coach and new qb while the Ti-Cats are simply awful again which is a shame because their fans are the second best in Canada. Lousy G.M. in Rita in T.O. - might as well let Brian Burke run the show. Bring back Angelo Mosca and Bernie Faloney to Steeltown!!!
    The Bombers need Chris Walby and Kenny Ploen or Ralph Brock back, and , of course Troy Westwood, best banjo player on the planet!!!

7. Ottawa Renegades / Roughriders- Big decision is whether to keep Danny Heatley or not!!!!!! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: :roll: :oops:

:cowboy:

Let the games begin
Rider Pride Nation Wide

Well, while you were hibernated there Turkey, there was a small legal matter that surfaced. That would be enough to transform them to the most classless run team. Add to that the senseless gutting of a championship team over 2 years and you gotta wonder what the heck is going on at the top in Riderville. So if you really want to rally around the Riders, drink lots of slurpees this summer, as this is looking like a lock for a 7-11 season.

Thanks for mentioning the Gades: you've warmed the cockles of my heart me old son! Regarding Heatley, it's not a question of whether to keep him or not but rather what we can get back for the disloyal traitor! Don't let the door hit you in the butt as you leave Dany boy!

Now far be it from me to criticize the esteemed !!!TURKEYBEND!!!

But, um..... where's the poll? :slight_smile:

That's the beauty of it, he's saved you the trouble of having to vote by posting the results already. :wink:

Vintage Turkeybend…who needs a poll when you already have the results.

Polls- everyone knows when you come to a fork in the road -- TAKE IT!!!!! :rockin: :cowboy:

I lived in Ottawa for eight years. The hellacious winters were FAR worse than any I experience in Edmonton, where I lived until 1977. It was so freakin' cold one year that I was waiting for a bus so I could go to class, and I had to give up and go home or risk death. I'm not joking. Even the 1970 cold spell in Edmonton, where it was thirty continuous days below 20 below, was relatively easy to take compared to the humid freeze in Ottawa. Great city though. Just awful winters. Edmonton really isn't all that bad in the winter. It often tends to be on the dry side, and with the occasional chinook it's not uncommon to have no snow and sunny skies in the middle of January.

:thup:

Much fail detected here. KILL IT WITH HARPOONS!!! Divide by 0!!! You know wat to do.

Go ahead and make a poll out of it: Number 1 will still be the same. :wink:

Don't know where you're getting that the Ticats are "simply awful again." If you're going by pre-season wins, then you must be the guy that picked the Ticats to win the Grey Cup last year, when their pre-season record was the class of the league, bar none. :cowboy:

I love it!

You know it's football season when the smell of Turkey is in the air.

Thanks for the post Turkeybend, always makes me laugh.
While I respectfully disagree with your assessment of my Bombers...

Bring on the season baby!

Wooooooooooo

Cheers from Japan!