Turkeybend's PowerGobble Rankings Oct. 24th

As the season winds down some relax and wait for the playoffs while others scamble for their playoff lives. The world will unfold as it should:

1. Hamilton Tiger-Cats- Dominated the Als and lately have been the best team in the CFL. Well done Ti-cats and kevin Glenn. :thup: :thup: :thup:

2. Calgary Stampeders- what more can you say about this talented but inconsistent lot. Their record saves them from dropping further and the fact they lost a close game. :thdn: :thdn: :thdn: :oops: :oops: :oops:

3. Montreal Als- Their record saves them from plummeting further.

4. Saskatchewan Roughriders- The most brilliant tacticians in the league lulling all to sleep as they head to the secured home playoff game where they will be underdogs then smash the opposition moving on to Calgary to upset the heavily favoured Stamps finally winning the Grey Cup in Edmonton with Durant being named MVP. Coach Miller you are brilliant but your assistant Coach Daly should be burnt at the stake!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

5. Edmonton Esks- hottest team in the CFL along with Hamilton. Bold swagger is returning to this team everybody wrote off.

6. Toronto Argos- somehow beat the lowly Bombers to rekindle their season.

7. B.C. Lions- even when they win they lose as Edmonton keeps winning. Kudos to Lulay who got it down on the road under immense pressure on and off the field. But what did it get the Lions- still last place in the West.

8. Winterpeg- Bring back the Jets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Riders will Return :cowboy:

1. Saskatchewan - All of the top 3 lost this week, but Saskatchewans was the most forgiveable. Top spot by default.

2. Calgary - They lost to BC, but they did put points on the board

3. Edmonton - Won 4 of their last 5 and look like the best team in the league. Looks can be deceiving, but worth of this spot for now.

4. Hamilton - Solid effort against the Als. Finally showed they can play with the big boys.

5. Montreal - 3-2 in thier last 5 including giving up 40 points to Winnipeg in one game and being held to 22 in the other. Now they can only score 3 against Hamilton. Could be a short playoff for the Als.

6. Toronto - Beat Winnipeg and earned a playoff spot, but can they beat Hamilton in the playoffs?

7. BC - Best of the basement dwellers deserve some breathing room from the bottom for dumping Calgary.

8. Winnipeg - A Jekyl and Hyde team that can never put it all together to win. Good defense and no offense one week and the opposite the next. It has cost them a playoff spot.

Calgary has only won 2 of their last 6 if I'm not mistaking. At this rate, I doubt any one of the top three (Sask, calgary, or Montreal) will win the cup this year. Hamilton and Edmonton in the Grey Cup with Hamilton coming out on top. You heard it here first.

I'm pretty sure someone else has been rockin that Grey Cup for a while now. Can't remember who... Wasn't cflesksfan, was it?

if I were to do rankings, I'd say

Calgary
Montreal
Hamilton
Saskatchewan
Edmonton
BC
Toronto
Winnipeg

That's how I rank them up to now. All of the top 3 have looked like bottomfeeders the last few weeks (Sask has lost 3 in a row). Hamilton and Edmonton are on a roll right now, but I wouldn't put money on them to meet in the Grey Cup. However as strange as this season has been I wouldn't bet against it either.

These are laughable..... Edm #3?? They have won 4 of their last 6 while the Cats after starting 1 and 4 have reeled off an 8-3 record since....

What on earth is Turkeyman drinking these days?
Saskatchewan should be ranked 6th or lower. The Grey Cup may involve two teams who finish 3rd in their divisions.

Only in the CFL. BC Lions with Lulay winning the Cup.

Hamilton Calgary

Hamilton scores a touchdown with two minutes left, but it is called back on a Jiminez rough play penalty. Hamilton punts, Calgary puts together a good drive, with Reynolds running the ball down Hamilton's throat.
Calgary kicks winning field goal at the end.

Why the insults? Is it because you are too much of a coward to put your own opinion out there? This is mine, you disagree shut up or back it up. I have no time for people who want to trash others for their opinion then run away. Give your own opinion or shut up, whats laughable is your arguement. Yes Edmonton won 4 of their last 6 but more accurately they have won 4 of thier last FIVE while Hamiltons spectacular 8-3 run includes 3 victories over Toronto and 2 against Winnipeg. Can you say inflated? You what to trash peoples opinions take the time to back it up with stats. :roll:

Hamilton: 9-7 on a three-game winning streak. Won by a combined score of 106-17.

Saskatchewan: 9-7 on a three-game losing streak. Lost to Toronto, Calgary and Edmonton. Two of those teams (Toronto and Edmonton) Hamilton has beat during their current win streak.

Saskatchewan ranked first, Hamilton fourth. Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. :roll:

P.S. I hate to break it to you but it's not the "top 3" anymore. It's either the top 2 or the top 4.

hamilton
calgary
edmonton
montreal
toronto
sask
bc
wpg

Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and throw out my rankings.

1t. Calgary
1t. Hamilton
3. Montreal
4. Saskatchewan
5. Edmonton
6. Toronto
7. BC
8. Winnipeg

I'm a huge Montreal fan, and I don't wanna put Hamilton above them, but they dominated us, and they've been dominating the league recently. Their offense and defense is stepping it up. Calgary's still got the record (as does Montreal, but I'll explain in a moment) and is putting up a good fight, which is why I'm willing to give them a tie. However, the winner of the Calgary/Hamilton game gets sole possession of first in my books. Montreal's looked sour recently, allowing 32.8 points per game in their past 5 games. They've got the weapons to overcome adversity, but they're having trouble executing. With Larry Taylor's return and the continuing performance of our O-Line (especially Woodruff and Brodeur-Jordain), we might well have the complete package. Just the need to open it up. :stuck_out_tongue:
Saskatchewan over Edmonton is only because of their records. Toronto, despite its record, can lose in pretty lopsided fashion. They need a BIG win of their own, and I mean a 30+ point score. BC's coming together, but still struggling, and this just isn't Winnipeg's season.

I use top 3 loosely. After this past weekend the only team that can be ruled out is Winnipeg and the contenders can be stretched to 6 (Sask, Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, Montreal and Hamilton in no particular order).

Hey Nancy!!

don't get your panties in a bunch now....

I'm still confused as to where I insulted you?!
Actually.. when I read your rankings I LAUGHED!!!! thereby making it laughable

And I did back it up with stats.....

Now.. go fix your mascara and lipstick... and stop crying

Obviously from that post you would never insult someone. You do a fine job of putting your left foot in your mouth while trying to remove the right one. As for your stats, they are correct but not quite accurate are they? Edmonton has won 4 of their last six like Hamilton is 8-5. And you still haven't graced us with your rankings. Comeback when you have an opinion of your own, not just the desire to troll.

Forget about Edmonton, you had the Riders first. Not even Turkey had the Riders first and he's had the Riders first for 845 consecutive weeks.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thup:

ehh...

1. Stampeders
  2. Ti-Cats
  3. Als
  4. Edmonton
  5. Riders
  6. Argos
  7. BC
  8. Boo Bombers

Once I saw the Riders first, I assumed he was trying to out-turkey Turkeybend.

It never even occurred to me that that was a serious ranking.