Turkeybend2 Gobble rankings Week 1

:cowboy: Welcome back CFL fans. Without further adoo here are the definitive Gobble rankings as this old turkey sees it!
  1. Saskatchewan Roughriders- Renewed plan, determination and a healthy QB + Dressler with us from Day 1 = obvious favourites for the Grey Cup.

2. Calgary Stampeders- Huffer’s Last Stand will result in a sad close but no cigar storyline.

3. Edmonton Eskimos- Health of QB Reilly is the gamble. Defense will be solid.

4. Hamilton Tiger-Cats- @nd year under Austin will bring stability.

5. Montreal Alouettes- With Gilles Duceppe back passion and reckless abandon will lead the Als to a steadier path in 2nd year under old coaches guidance. And he is old.

6. Winterpeg Blue Bombers- good solid fan base and hard work will keep these undertalented Bombers in most contests.

7. B.C. Lions- Poor Lulay will be hurt again. Getting used to new coach and no experienced field goal kicker will result in alot of Lions close losses + fan base has dropped off remarkably to scary lows. Season tickets are barely 10,000.

8. Toronto Argos - City could care less about Argos and that rubs off on players. Embarrasing CFL Franchise. Move to Quebec City please!!! :rockin: :cowboy: :wink: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The RedBlacks are so bad that they don't even appear on your rankings?

Yeah, OK. :wink:

Don't feed the troll. :roll:

But he's our pet troll. Relatively tame, and almost house-broken.

(And if you don't want to read his posts, easy solution. Stay out of his threads. Just sayin'.)

We'll forgive GreyDragon for his ignorance this time. :lol:

In time he too will learn to love TB :smiley: Even if he is a delusional Rider fan.

Good point. As a new poster, this is probably his first experience with the Turkey's altered state of reality.

To be fair to the GreyDragon we'll meet him halfway,since it's his 1rst encounter with the Turkeybender we all know and love....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:
Gobble,Gobble,Gobble !!!!!! :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Ahh yes, the CFL season doesn't truly start until Turkeybend brings his classic rankings back. Let the games begin. :slight_smile: :lol:

Lol :thup:

When he's serious he's actually a quality poster. Of course he's seldom serious... :lol:

And even when he's not being serious, he still ends up making some valid points. Except, of course, when he's talking about his beloved Riders.

The season doesn't truly begin until TB puts on those ridiculous green and white glasses and exits reality for the summer.

Just like the first robin indicates spring is here the first turkeybend post means the CFL season has begun. :rockin: :rockin:

I find turkey's rankings more credible than the inaugural TSN power rankings, which somehow have the Als in 8th place behind a non-playoff team from last year (Winnipeg) and the team they blew out in the ESF (BC) and last year's eastern Cup finalist, Hamilton, in 5th place behind ... Saskatchewan? :lol: :lol: I mean, they got the first two spots right (Calgary and Edmonton) but the rest is a mess IMO.

Let the games begin :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

http://theffmvp.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Turkey-ball2.jpg

Aren't the Als a little overrated? last year they had 8 wins and 3 of them wins were against Ottawa. Ottawa had 10 turnovers in the 3 games against the Als. Only 5 wins against teams not called the REDBLACKS
With Michael Sam out of the lineup will they be able to put pressure on Burris?.............. :roll:

I would actually put the Roughies in 1st,2nd,3rd,4th,5th,6th,7th, Calgary, then everyone else tied for 9th. :stuck_out_tongue:

Damn, that’s cold, Turkey. :lol:

Who’s in charge of making sure he’s house-broken?

…not it!

We had a great defense last year, so I'm not sure why we wouldn't be able to pressure Burris (and let's leave Sam out of this, please -- he's gone and we've moved on). The fact remains that we hosted a playoff game last year, thrashed the Lions senseless in that game, and made the playoffs ahead of Winnipeg .. but both teams are rated much higher than we are this year. Why? I mean, according to TSN, Travis Lulay is the favored MVP this season, LMAO. Based on what? His glass shoulder?

I'm not saying the Als should be on top of the rankings but putting them at 8 is ridiculous.

Well Crompton has looked terrible and he wasn't exactly spectacular last season.

Montreal's still starting Crompton? My condolences...