Turkeybend CFL PowerRankings

:cowboy:

Well folks it is getting interesting. Credit the Eastern teams for coming back and balancing the once one sided league in the second half of the season. Kudos to the Als, Ti-Cats, Roughriders (I mean RedBlacks) and Argos. However, the top spots still go to the Western teams:

1. Calgary Stampeders- the bubble has burst for the Stamps but their record still gives them the top spot and likely home field advantage in the Western Final. However, they are looking beatable the last few weeks. Remember Stamps, it is only the playoffs that count in the end.!!!! :rockin: :wink:

2. Edmonton Eskimos- The Esks are looking shaky as well. Their coach may not make it to the end of the season as he looks like he is going to have a heart attack during games. Down the stretch, I wonder if the Esks will freeze or make a break through.

3. Saskatchewan Roughriders- Is Tino experienced enough now???? That is the million dollar question with the Riders. The passing game opens up the running game and vica versa. If Tino can be consistent with his passing the Riders have a dominant offensive line who wears teams down and three good backs. Back to Tino and consistent qb. play.!! :rockin: 8) :wink:

4. Toronto Argos- Ricky Ray and Chad Owens make me put the Argos in this spot. Ray is a veteran and Owens has will power that is contagious. But, fan base is so low they have no home field advantage. Troubling for the league and the Argos.

5. Hamilton Tiger - Cats- R.I.P. Al Bruno! Great team in their new home but on the road. We will find out down the stretch.

6. B.C. Lions- Defence must carry them the rest of the way as it is apparent their offense is NOT going to do so. Need special teams points too to upset and go up further in the rankings. Offense is predictable.

7. Montreal Alouettes- Where did they come from?? I thought they were dead and buried????? Still need convincing they are for real.

8. Winnipeg Blue Bombers- fading fast. Need a win very, very, very , very , very badly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Ottawa RedBlacks- great win for them last week. Have had some bad luck and their record should be a least a couple of more wins. The wildcard team. Nothing to lose and approaching each game like a playoff sudden-death game. Watch out other teams.

10. Halifax/St.Johns/ Quebec City- all undefeated but have not won a game either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Rider Pride Nation Wide

Give me some of what you are smoking or drinking.
Cats in no. 5?
For sure the Ticats are no. 2 or even 1. 5 wins in last 6 and a lot of close losses in the early season :rockin:

Not only that Ticats have a better record than Arblows, this guy TurkeySausage has fallen down and bumped his little head :roll:

:cowboy: :rockin:

Watch out for the Riders in the Playoffs supporters of other teams. Last team you would want to play are the Green and White Defending Grey Cup Champions = SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't do it, don't don't bite..............Doh someone bit :lol:

Its Turkeys favorite time of year peeps so buckle up!! :rockin:

Stamps rule Sliders drool :twisted:

If the top six in the CFL's power rankings were the teams to make the play-offs we'd have three teams from each division in the play-offs at this point with the Cats at # 3, Argos at #5 and Als at #6 in the league's latest 'Pinty power rankings'.

[url=http://cfl.ca/article/pintys-power-rankings-argos-chart-course]http://cfl.ca/article/pintys-power-rank ... art-course[/url]

1 - Calgary
2 - Edmonton
3 - Hamilton
4 - Saskatchewan
5 - Toronto
6 - Montreal
7 - BC
8 - Winnipeg
9 - Ottawa

Mine right now would be
Calgary
Hamilton
Edmonton
Toronto
BC
Sakatchewan
Montreal
Winnipeg
Ottawa

Fixed it !!!!!! Looks much better now !!!!! :smiley: :lol: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup:

I dunno. 1 touchdown in 2 games versus the bottom feeders of the West may indicate otherwise. :wink:

Hmm - seems to me Calgary - the number 1 team also could not score any touchdowns at home against one of those 'bottom feeders' - and in fact the Cats scored 5 more points and gained 70 more yards in their game against those bottom feeding Lions than Calgary could muster.

Hmm... seems you conveniently forgot to mention that the Cats scored 1 T.D. and had 240 yards total offense against a team that OTTAWA just scored 4 T.d. and had 477 yards total offense against. :lol: :lol:

Great power rankings appraisal there Turkeybend! :thup: I enjoyed reading it. The one comment you made later on though I'm not so sure about…

"Last team you would want to play are the Green and White Defending Grey Cup Champions = SASKATCHEWAN ROUGHRIDERS"

Who wlll ever forget what happened on November 27, 2009 at McMahon Stadium? Montreal's FG kicker Duval misses a last second FG attempt sealing a Grey Cup win for SSK. BUT WAIT… why is Duval getting a second chance? lol

Montreal wins the Grey Cup in 2009 by a score of 28-27! The melon heads had too many men on the field when Duval tried his first FG attempt. :rockin:

Ah yes, and then there was the debacle last week when SSK played Calgary. With time running out Calgary elected to kick a FG to take the lead rather than try and punch the ball in from around the 5 yard line. Calgary succeeded. SSK still had about 35 seconds remaining on the clock which would have been plenty of time to scrimmage the ball from their own 35 yard line and get the ball to within FG range for a tying FG attempt. BUT WAIT… why is the Calgary Offence back on the field and scrimmaging the ball on the SSK one yard line? Ahhhh yes….. I see. SSK is charged with an illegal substitution penalty. Apparently one of the players had to stay out for at least 3 plays and came in too soon. lol. Calgary scrimmages the ball from the one yard line and scores a TD. The melon heads cannot recover and the Stamps win the game.

If SSK does come out to Lotusland to play in the Grey Cup I will try and get tickets for only one reason… to see how they screw it up again. rotflmho. That alone would be worth the price of admission !

:lol: :wink: :cowboy: [b] Ah , BOBO, you are still mad/sad at losing the Grey Cup last season to my Riders.

It will be fine as time heals wounds,even to one's ego. We enjoyed hosting Ti-Cat fans in Regina but
man they were misguided actually thinking they could win. Rider Pride Prevailed Again as it will this season.
Good effort though by your Cats. Your silver lining is beating Toronto. Concentrate on that feat, and, of course, enjoyh your Thanksgiving Turkey dinner!!![/b]

:cowboy: :rockin: [b]Rider Pride Nation Wide[/b]

Hmm.. you would be correct on that point - but the Cats were just being good guests on the road not wanting to embarrass their hosts. :smiley:

Of course it would be worth the price of admission, You will probably be there for 0.00. Didn't the Lions brain??trust offer free tickets for a guaranteed win that went awful wrong or something earlier this year. Can't remember who that game was against. OH YEA, the Grey Cup champs. :thup: :thup: :rockin:

:rockin: :cowboy: :cowboy: To my Grey Cup challenged friend Beaglehound:

[b]The sweetness of winning the Grey Cup is hard to describe. Tough for Lions fans to understand I realize.
To win the Grey Cup at home is the ultimate natural high.
Sadly, I do not see your Lions being capable of even coming close to this amazing feat done by my Riders last season. In fairness, the injury to Lulay and to Harris have swamped the Lions boat. But the Riders have accumulated injuries too.
The strength and character of both teams have and will be tested. My Riders never quitting and coming back on the Stamps (arguably the best team in the league) defines our character. Your Lions dismal showings in the past games highlights the character, poor coaching and attitude of a defeated team. Conversely, My Riders actually believe they can still win the Cup. Your Lions are wallowing in their beer cups wondering what went wrong during the season they are to host the Grey Cup and likely will struggle even to make the playoffs. Best wishes to the Leos but the end seems near with a wasted opportunity to host the Grey Cup and not be in it again.

:thdn: :oops:[/b]

"The sweetness of winning the Grey Cup is hard to describe" by Turkeybend2

That was the melon head fan chant after SSK blew it in 2009 Grey Cup! I remember it well. :thup: Come on Turkeybend2. Get with the program. When the awards and trophies are handed out at year end there has to be another category: Most Creative Ways to Lose a Game Award.

The SSK Roughriders could be in the Grey Cup. They have the talent with or with Durant and I'm sure the coaches continue to drill that into the players heads. What upper management is most concerned about and won't talk openly about is who is going to have a brain fart just when SSK is about to win the game and maybe the championship? What will it be? Too many men? An illegal substitution? Other? Who knows what lurks in the minds of a melon head?

You didn't read the fine print Taleback. Freebees were to the next game and of equal value... not to the Grey Cup. Unfortunately. :cry:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10253978_10152417368766872_2775893290707337464_n.png?oh=b23d479b139c71c018efbc402fbd4c9b&oe=54C2E4FE&gda=1420857576_b9c75fff5ef39eddcfc90f085b7411eb

Could he be BARKING out signals soon for the Riders???? Omaha! Arf ! Arf ! Hike !

The donut represents how many more games the Riders will win this season :stuck_out_tongue: :rockin: :cowboy:

LMAO !!!!! Your Turn Turkey :lol: Let's see what ya got :lol:

Love it Bobo! The "Doege" one was excellent! :thup:

Funny how a team's fans under .500 can be so mouthy on these forums (Hamilton).

That being said, my power rankings at this point look like this:

1. Calgary
  2. Edmonton
  3. Hamilton
  4. Montreal
  5. Saskatchewan
  6. Toronto
  7. BC
  8. Winnipeg
  9. Ottawa

BUT the Riders will repeat again this year as their oline will be healthy again and will start bullying other teams like at the beginning of the year. Hamilton will lose out to the crossover team this year in the East final.