TSN Viewer survey

For some reason I just received an email from TSN to do a survey. Some interesting questions - some of which were CFL related but also a bunch that to me shows the degree to which the popularity of the Jays has them concerned.

If a Blue Jays game were on at the same time as your favourite CFL team, which would you be more likely to watch now and which would you have been more likely to watch last year? Last Year - Jays - Favourite CFL Team - Neither - Don't Know Now - Jays - Favourite CFL Team - Neither - Don't Know During MLB Play-offs - Jays - Favourite CFL Team - Neither - Don't Know

If a Blue Jays game were on at the same time as your favourite NFL team, which would you be more likely to watch now and which would you have been more likely to watch last year?
Last Year - Jays - Favourite NFL Team - Neither - Don't Know
Now - Jays - Favourite NFL Team - Neither - Don't Know
During MLB Play-offs - Jays - Favourite NFL Team - Neither - Don't Know

If a Blue Jays game were on at the same time as your favourite NHL team, which would you be more likely to watch now and which would you have been more likely to watch last year?
Last Year - Jays - Favourite NHL Team - Neither - Don't Know
Now - Jays - Favourite NHL Team - Neither - Don't Know
During MLB Play-offs - Jays - Favourite NHL Team - Neither - Don't Know

And then the same question and choices for 'Favourite NBA team, Favourite MLS team and favourite non-sports TV program up against the Jays last year, now and in the MLB playoffs.

It also gave you a place to write any other comments you want to send to TSN - so I sent a comment telling them I thought it was bad to have some CFL games not being on the main TSN station for the home markets and gave the example of the Ti-Cats - Argos not being on TSN4 earlier this month.

Here is a link to the survey if interested.

[url=https://bellmedia.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_a4v6eHLoCrEGIhT]https://bellmedia.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe ... HLoCrEGIhT[/url]

Sounds like Bell is really taking it on the chin with the run the Jays are having. I wound wonder if they're weighing in the high Blue Jays positive answers and weighing in per region.

IMO, it would just paint a picture early of which of their programing (sport and non-sports) show no chance going head to head with the Jays and influence which TSN channels get each show.

Then again, in a case where the Argos and Ti-Cats not being available on 4, does it really cost anything more making it available on that channel if they're producing the game anyways?

TSN is taking nothing on the chin.
They are still making a boatload on the CFL even with the numbers down this year.
Don't forget the previous years when the CFL was the highest summer property and frankly having bigger numbers then the NHL.

Just did the survey and complained about OTA availability and the lack of production on regular season games.

I took the survey and was pro CFL.

I took it and asked for the Grey Cup and CFL Playoffs to be broadcast on CTV too.

everyone should ask them to get rid of rod black

Thanks for posting Pat. I took it, was pro CFL, and wrote that people who want lots of Jays talk will listen to the station who owns the rights to the Jays. TSN owns the CFL rights and they are screwing their own sports property by moving the games around on their stations

I have to admit TPB, I'm curious how YOU answered those questions.
From what I can tell, you're a big sports fan generally, attending MLB, NBA, MLS, and I assume, NHL.
How do you rank your preferences?
Just curious.

And no copping out by saying you would flip channels back and forth. :wink:

The wonders of PVR's Grey. Flipping back and forth rewinding if needed is usually what I do. For example yesterdy I was out with family and PVR'd both the Jays and Bills games and fast forwarded through them later. If Cats and Jays are on at the same time I PVR both and do flip back and forth between the two. :smiley:

Truthfully last year the Leafs and Jays did not really overlap at all as by the time thhe Jays started the Leafs were toast. If Leafs are in contention into April they would be top of my list. Last year Cats over Jays usually. right now Jays first and obviously if they make the post season they will have my attention.

In terms of ranking faves generally - tough call for first second and third between the Leafs, Cats and Jays - often would depend on who they were playing and importance to the standings. Bills right up there too. Then Raps, then TFC well down the ranking. In fact Mac and Notre Dame football would edge out TFC.

League games where my favourite teams are NOT playing - being truthful about what I usually watch probably NFL, VERY closely followed by NHL and CFL in a virtual tie. Then a drop off to NCAA football, MLB baseball, Premier League soccer, then NBA. Rarely watch a non-TFC MLS game.

A little too late now, should have been the crucial negotiation tool not only for the current but every prior contracts with TSN.

I took the survey and ended it with
screw the BlueJays, screw TFC, Screw the Raptors, Screw Rogers....
Except I didnt use the word screw.

Did so. Gave them some suggestions for his replacement too. Gord Miller (does some games but not enough), Dan Shulman, Matt Devlin....there was a younger guy named Dustin something-or-other who called the FIBA women's championship from Edmonton who was very good as well who I would like to see move up quickly.

I am sure that they will take your responses seriously as a result. :roll: