Tsn Video 3 down 3 minutes

Just finished watching the 3 down in the minute video on tsn. They said they expect Orlondo to not be back either way in 2017, either a head coaching gig or out with the cats. Expect to bunch of change.

He was not successful this year

Nor was Kent Austin, Zach Collaros and several others in the TiCat organization.

As you so eloquently mentioned on other threads: "grow up"...

Didn't they say that last year too.
How many H/C positions are open

BC - no
EDM - no
CGY - no
SSK - no
WPG - no
HAM - no
OTT - no
MTL - maybe, but Chappy would be ahead of Orlondo on that list
TOR - yes, but they would be crazy to go into next season with a rookie HC and Willy at QB and he would be crazy to take it

I think the key is "he won't be back either way"

Wonder who the next DC will be

We have heard about Steinauer possibly taking a head coaching position before this season. There have been talk about him possibly being the HC in Toronto next year. But I suppose it’s true that Toronto might not want a rookie HC.

And I don’t think Steinauer will be the next HC in Montreal. I have heard scuttlebutt about Montreal hiring Danny Maciocia as their next HC if they decide they don’t want to just remove “interim” from Chap’s current job title.

And I’ll just throw this out there: According to this article, Corey Chamblin is open to a return to the CFL: http://3downnation.com/2016/11/23/forme … fl-return/

A Grey Cup win as a head coach does look good on a resume.

Wally Buono might go back upstairs for the right guy

The problem with losing OS as DC (or losing any "popular" coach) is the possibility of free agent defensive players going to his new team. Some players don't seem to have a loyalty and connection just to the team but to the DC (or a particular coach).

All just speculation right now re OC but you never know. Where there's smoke...

If you have a good gm and scouting team they can be replaced. Thats sports

I haven't listened to the video but:
Steinauer said in his post season presser that "absolutely" he'd come back and Austin also said that he'd want OS back as the DC but would be very happy for him if an opportunity for advancement came his way. That really doesn't sound to me like "Steinauer won't be back either way" - and that's from the coaches themselves.
IF Toronto decides to ditch Milanovitch I can see Steinauer heading back to TO where he has a connection as both a coach and player. Maybe "new blood" is what they need. And he wouldn't need to uproot his family which could be a major consideration for him should an opportunity there arise.

Not suggesting he would leave but players of the calibre of a Simoni Lawrence don't grow on trees :slight_smile:

Once you find and get them, you want to retain them as long as possible.

I say BS. Why would he leave for another DC position? He will only leave for a promotion. It sounds like he's the front runner for Torontos HC vacancy that will likely be announced tomorrow/next week. If he doesn't get that gig, I'd expect him here in June.

Not suggesting he would leave but players of the calibre of a Simoni Lawrence don't grow on trees :slight_smile:

Once you find and get them, you want to retain them as long as possible.[/quote?
Your right but you hope the whole organization is a factor