TSN pre-game : How the CFL survived?

FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL , pre-game :thup:

Before the TORONTO @ WINNIPEG game check out TSN's pre-game show with BRAIN WILLIAMS , where he talks about how the CFL survived the 1990's and and an up date on the CFL , now! :thup:

Brain , is very accurate and doesn't pull any punches :thup: :thup:

This should be great :thup:

:thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: :thup: sounds :thup: :thup: :thup: good :thup: :thup: :thup: man! :thup: :thup: :thup:

This should be excellent for sure, a sort of study in Canadian cultural history if you will. I hope some high school history teachers out there watch this and tell their students to watch it.

It will be interesting to see what Brian says about the Skydome and Blue Jays and their influences in the '90's. Very interesting.

HT, could you report a few things he says on here? cuz I'll will not be able to see this.

And don't forget the BILLS.

Brian williams, will write his own take on cfl history , will it be fact or fiction :?

True enough hellothere, going from War Memorial Stadium to Rich Stadium or Ralph Wilson Stadium and marketing to Canadians in southern Ontario to go to games and tailgate. I huge influence and yet, look at the Argos and Cats, doing quite well still. Sort of a mini-miracle in some respects combined with the Blue Jays factor.

It is a nice miricle. :thup:

But how long will HAMILTON fans be so understanding?

For a while longer for sure, there are enough of us to ride this out. Bob Young is a super owner who is having problems figuring out what making a successful football team is all about, but he is a smart man so he will prevail and get this ship turned around - and most of us smart TiCat fans know this.

Just watched it.

Pretty good and informative, but why did the keep ACCENTUATING THE NEGATIVE?

From saying how selling out sold the league, to saying the produict is worse. They even spoke about all the dropped passes for a couple minutes.

Are they trying to attract an audience, or chase it away?

they want to chase them to the tsn NFL monday football?...

or they want them to see how the league is making great strides to get better?

Yes, and they had a NFL on TSN ad right next to that story!!

then theres your answer.

I don't think TSN is happy that no one is watching the NFL, so they're prepared to take away frm the CFL.

well, they spent alot of money and made a long-term deal to get the NFL rights, PLUS they had to give up on the consistant ratings that WWE raw brought in....thats a lot to give up to aquire the NFL....

so i can see the reason behind tryin to snake some CFL fans over to the dark side...i just hope noones falling for it.

I'm sure there will be a few people, especially with all the dissing of the CFL that went on.

Lucky not many people watch the pre-game show.

Do they have CFL ads during the NFL broadcasts?

Just curious to see if they go both ways.

I don't think it was bashing the CFL ... and I'm always watching for that sort of stuff, like a hawk :wink: It was just telling it like it is. So what? As for advertising the NFL, that kinda bugged me too, but then again it IS football fans that are watching ... TSN wants people to watch the CFL AND the NFL.

Why??? isn't this report about the CFL??

I think he was just being honest and factual.

I heard lots of good stuff in there about the CFL.

But he is right , losing TOM WRIGHT may be a huge mistake for the CFL. The major sponsors know him. :thdn:

Lets hope that SONY and other major sponsors stay with the CFL after he is gone? :thup:

WENDY's Kick For A Million has had over 1 ,000 ,000 entrays in their contest :o :thup: