TSN POWER RANKINGS WEEK 2

Trying to figure this one out, Stamps and Esks lose but listed Number 1 & 2 Toronto loses but ahead of Montreal

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/moves-in-the-middle-of-cfl-power-rankings-1.516997]http://www.tsn.ca/moves-in-the-middle-o ... s-1.516997[/url]

Calgary
Edmonton
Ottawa
Hamilton
Toronto
Montreal
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg
BC

BC beats the no. 1 seed but somehow is still at the bottom of the standings. Cullen shouldn't be allowed to do CFL analysis; he knows less than nothing about the league.

"Like the Stampeders, the Eskimos get a bit of a break because their closest challengers weren't in a position to climb to this level after one week."

Ottawa was 3rd last week. How could they NOT be in a position to climb to #2 by beating #2 on #2's turf? :?

I don't really care much about these, but the reasoning is a little wonky.

Edit: They had Hamilton at 7th last week? And BC wins yet stays put at #9? I don't get these at all...

It is so bad, it's embarrassing! :oops:

Area51, Bungle and Johnny could have done a better job of it. :?

How I'd rank the teams:

[ol]- Ottawa

• Hamilton
  • Edmonton
  • Calgary
  • B.C.
  • Montreal
  • Toronto
  • Winnipeg
  • Saskatchewan[/ol]

I agree but I would put Montreal ahead of BC, the Als won on the road :thup:

It really is. A random draw might have been more accurate.

I can understand keeping Edmonton ahead of Ottawa on the basis that Ottawa's win was not dominant (even though that isn't the stated argument). But Calgary at one despite losing to the supposed #9 team? :? It feels like the guy had an opinion on team strength and wants to do everything he can to avoid admitting he might have been wrong.

That's true. But you could make the argument that BC beat a tougher team. Anyhow, swapping the two teams would be acceptable too. But that Cullen ranking? Oy. I don't pay attention to these rankings, for the most part, but Cullen's list is the weirdest and worst that I've seen in quite some time.

Unfortunately, these rankings are based more on last season records.

Ottawa and Hamilton should be 1 and 2. BC should be ahead of Edmonton and Calgary. I would rank the teams as follows:

Ottawa
Hamilton
BC
Montreal
Edmonton
Calgary
Toronto
Saskatchewan
Winnipeg

Richard

5000 posts and no ome has ever heard of you... Your opinion obviously means nothing.
As for these rankings, Im not sure what he is trying to say. The most logical thing would be that week one is still the preseason and does not matter.

Hard to rank the teams after one week and when not even all the teams have played, however...

1. Ottawa
  2. Hamilton
  3. Edmonton
  4. BC
  5. Montreal
  6. Calgary
  7. Toronto
  8. Winnipeg
  9. Saskatchewan

Ottawa and Hamilton beat playoff teams from last year, with their backup QBs in the games. Edmonton still looked pretty good in the loss, at least offensively. The rest is a bit of a toss up. BC won at home with good defense, Montreal looked pretty good, and Toronto and Winnipeg looked in preseason mode still. Calgary would have won if Paredes would have made his make able field goals.

[i] Ask and ye shall receive!

1. Ottawa
  2. Edmonton
  3. Calgary
  4. Alouettes
  5. BC
  6. Winnipeg
  7. Toronto
  8. Saskatchewan
  9. Hamilton
:D

[/i]

Ottawa
Edmonton
Hamilton
Calgary
Lions
Montreal
Toronto
Riders
Winnipeg

Ottawa - Beat the defending Grey Cup champs in their own stadium
Hamilton - Humiliated the Argos in the opener at their new home with a backup QB
Edmonton - Half the team looked like Grey Cup champs
Calgary - Whole team looked good for half a game
BC - Wally had them playing better than expected
Montreal - Nice win but have to consider who they beat
Saskatchewan - Played far better than the bottom 2 teams
Toronto - Home opener in their new stadium, is it possible to crap the bed more completely than the Argos did?
Winnipeg - Looked very much like the 2015 Blue Bombers

Ottawa
Hamilton
Edmonton
Montreal
BC
Calgary
Saskatchewan
Toronto
Winnipeg