TSN Panel Calls for Richie to Start

They made some good points

1. His willing to push the ball down the field

2. Let the receivers make big plays

3. More productive than Printers in less time

4. Wants to make things happen

I think they may be right for once. Start Richie in Montreal and see what happens. We need our Dinwiddie/Durant

not dissagreeing with you but are they going to give williams receivers who can catch the ball at least 4 catchable balls in the 1st half dropped and a line who will pass protect and not have williams run for his life

All true but I think Printers will get the start, thumb permitting.

An Argo-Cat fan

Wrong. Dunigan said that.

Climie said he hasn't seen anything in Willaims that warrants him to start.

Maybe it will change Printers' focus to watch the game from the sidelines. Maybe he'll see some different things happening that he can use for his next start. Maybe Richie will work his but off to try to steal the job and take chances to loosen the team up. How knows it could be a disaster.

I say give Ritchie a shot at starting. Printers still hasnt done much since 2004: how much time does he need?

8) They also mentioned that Hamiltons O line's play was simply not acceptable in Fridays game. Also that we still need a big time reliable go to receiver !!!
Dunnigan said at this point he would give Ritchie the start, he has a stronger arm than Casey, and that Casey just doesn't look comfortable out there yet !!

i think u have to go with printers if he didnt make all the mistakes in the last game when players dont catch that ends drives .....when the o line dont block he has to run four his life...i think the QB isnt the prob... ithink others have to step up to get the winn ... the off is more then one guy and it all starts with the o line.

Or use the QB that is able to work with this O-Line and these receivers - Ritchie has already shown he can do it.

Yeah Dunnigan hates Printers. He always has. Matt thinks he's THE authority on quarterbacks and always tries to over talk the rest of the panel when they discuss qb's. Anyway, it's all just academic anyway. The back up is always the most popular man in town.

Williams had no choice but to push the ball downfield. They needed a touchdown. That was the play call. Printers isn't calling the plays. Let the receivers make plays. That makes no sense. Just hang it up and hope a receiver makes a play. Although that is all Williams did and Prechae made two beautiful plays. You can't run an offense that way. Don't kid yourself into thinking that they were well thrown deep balls.

There is a big, B-I-G difference between coming in witha few minutes left playing against a prevent defense and starting against a quality defense like Montreal, and having to put together a whole game.

At this point I don't care any more. Put him in, don't put him in. Maybe he'll do something. Most likely he won't. Not because he's no good, but because it's a systemic team execution problem. Either way it will end the debate. Although I think we'll see that the depth chart is fine the way it is.

Casey has a good chemistry with Miles, hopefully Miles will be back this week, and Casey will throw more balls towards Bauman and Rodriguez.

Yeah Dunnigan hates Printers. He always has. Matt thinks he's THE authority on quarterbacks and always tries to over talk the rest of the panel when they discuss qb's. Anyway, it's all just academic anyway. The back up is always the most popular man in town.
Williams had no choice but to push the ball downfield. They needed a touchdown. That was the play call. Printers isn't calling the plays. Let the receivers make plays. That makes no sense. Just hang it up and hope a receiver makes a play. Although that is all Williams did and Prechae made two beautiful plays. You can't run an offense that way. Don't kid yourself into thinking that they were well thrown deep balls.

There is a big, B-I-G difference between coming in witha few minutes left playing against a prevent defense and starting against a quality defense like Montreal, and having to put together a whole game.

Agree 100%

Perfectly stated.... :thup:

Williams came in and if Edmonton DB's could catch they would have had 14 points off interceptions.

Printers starts, agendas continue.

There is no way Willaims has a stronger arm than Printers. He trew off his back foot and still over threw Woodcock by 5 yards

The O-line had 3 Americans this week, too, Tipper.

Maybe we need to use double tight ends or a 2nd back
on 2nd and long passing plays to pick up the blitz.

Casey likely won't be ready to play in Montreal.

I love Richie and I am pulling for him
but he is reckless with his throws.

I am afraid he will make critical mistakes
if he has to play sixty minutes this week.

P.S.

Casey has a rocket launcher for an arm.

Exactly. Two near misses or this discussion never gets started.

Is this the same panel that didn't like Dinwiddie starting last week?

Agendas...agendas...

Dunigan also said Ritchie seems to inspire the players to work harder when he is in the game.
I agree that happened when Maas was here but I don't think its the same this season.
Casey should remain the #1 QB because he is experienced and we know he can do it.
If this team was a well-oiled machine and Casey was not performing, perhaps some time on the bench might help. But when the play calling is less than stellar there's only so much Casey can do. He sure tries hard but the panel mentioned we just do not have the receiving corps that he is used to.
One more thing, Ritchie needs more reps in practice. With a running QB like Casey Printers, the chances of being injured increase. Seems like every time any back-up comes in, the lack of reps is always brought up. I'm not sure how much real practice time back-ups get but it was mentioned during the blue game that its about a third of what the # 1 gets. I hope Ritchie gets more than that.

Dunigan also said they need williams in there for his stronger arm.... shows how much he knows.

I really like Dunigan, but really, where did that comment come from?

As do I, he said this during last night's rain delay... it could have been Climie but i recall Climie saying that Williams hasnt shown enough to start since coming into the league (Which is true) so im pretty sure it was Dunigan.