TSN: McCarthy and Smith out of Cats front office

I stand corrected. Well thought out.

-Wan?

Have we reached an agreement on the correct spelling yet…lol… I’ll gladly edit when a decision is reached!!

Edited to reflect the general consensus of the spelling for O’Billovich’s nickname!

The following is an excerpt from a Canadian Press article posted on tsn.ca this evening:

"O'Billovich wouldn't comment on whether he's already made changes to Hamilton's football operations staff but sources said Tuesday night that neither senior consultant Mike McCarthy nor player-personnel director Craig Smith will be offered new contracts after their present deals expire this month.

However, O'Billovich had glowing words for football operations director Dan Rambo, who was hired by Hamilton last fall.

"Dan's a good man and I think that was a good hiring," he said. "I don't see it being anything but a more positive situation to help me assess talent and try to find the players we need to make this team better." "

Here is the link to the full article:

http://tsn.ca/cfl/news_story/?ID=224436&hubname=

Pure speculation of course.

I hear Mike found out about the firing on the Vancouver news. That's classy! Best of luck Mike!

Pure speculation of course.

You're right...speculation.

As of now, both McCarthy and Smith are still listed on this site under football operations. Obie's bio. and photo have been added, theirs have not been removed. Until the team announces any changes, all of this is speculation.

According to the reports...Mike and Craig's contracts will not be re-newed. they weren't "Fired"...but essentially it is the same thing.

Look for them to land on their feet somewhere else.

Look for Rambo to have a new title!

Look for Charlie to end up back in Montreal!

Watch to see if Ritchie and Chapdelain wind up in Hamilton as HC and OC.

Everbody is scrambling to assemble their coaches and management teams and then the GM's will be busy making trades for their new teams and the new season.

That's nothing new...Just Reality and I think it all bodes well for an exciting and interesting lead up to 2008!

The new season can't come soon enough for me!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Ritchie and Chapdelain…Scary.

Ritchie and Chapdelain…Scary.

Ritchie and Chapdelain…Scary.[/quote]

Since 9:06am yesterday morning, it seems that others must like the “scary” thought! :roll:

Hey, we never know what is going to happen untill it does…sure it’s all speculation…but then again…that’s why the forums are here!

Scary??? PaoPao run OC…now that was SCARY! :lol: