TSN - May not be able to televise all of the 2008 CFL season

You can always turn it off.

I said it was a good point!

If Lee and Walby were on, not only I would turn it off, I would find something else to do. It will be refreshing not to hear the phrase ‘up the gut’ umpteen dozen times a game.

I cannot believe the OVEREXAGERRATED comments for CBC announcers!

Anybody who turns off a game because of a commentator, really isn't a football fan in the first place.

According to that logic Sambo, you would have refused to watch at least 1/3 of the games last season.

Meanwhile nobody is complaining about Khari Jones and his "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh"Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" " "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh" "Yeeahh"

"yeah" Every single time he opened his mouth! "Yeah" Sometimes twice in one sentence. Yeah, sometimes he would spice it up with an "oh yeah". "Yeah" Everytime he opened his mouth!

Yeah, and as annoying as that was I still wouldn't stop watching a good game because of the commentating, yeah.

Yeah, I think from now on I will just use the word yeah in front of every single sentence I speak. Oh yeah I will, until people on here stop hating on Walby.

Oh yeah Walby I am on your side.
yeah.

I sometimes watch the game on TV and turn the sound off so I can listen to the radio broadcast. It seems to work pretty well.

anyone who would turn the game off just because of who is doing the talking, is neither a true fan of the CFL nor a real fan of Football.

FYB, I agree.

I never cared who is commenting on the game either.
I also dont care if the broadcaster spices up the show with "Pretty Colours and Flashing lights"

I turn it on to watch the game

Thanks Artie for that clarification of that game on NFL Network.

Whatever, as long as all of the games are telecast, that's the main thing for me.

OMFG jesus man, give a brother a break in the morning LOL! Me and my buddies would play drinking games, drinking every time he said yeah… we got hosed.

This coming from a guy who would not cheer for the Lions last year becaue of Jiminez-- you just proved to me that you are a hypocrite. Go back to 13thman where they might put with your drivel again, FYB. If you want to listen to guys who make an exciting game boring, so be it. I prefer to listen to someone who will make the game more exciting, and keep me interested.

I thought the best games on CBC were during the strike that had the broadcasters out of the booth, it gave it a feel as if you were in the stadium watching it live.

BTW- FYB, a true fan cheers for his chosen team no matter WHO plays on that team. Punishing a whole team for one person’s mistake doesnt make you a true fan either. Welcome to the club, friend… :cowboy:

Thank god you are no court judge…or, maybe you are…

I dont turn the tube on to listen, I turn it on to watch. A true fan of the game doesnt need “to listen to someone” to make the game more exciting and to keep them interested. WATCHING the game should do that.

there ya go, just turn the damn sound off, not the tv.

I have always been a fan of sport in general, and specific sports and leagues, more than a team. Anyone can be a team fan. People who know nothing about the game can and do cheer for a team, just because its their city. I am a gameleague fan first. As far as “punishing” the whole team, what? do you think I made them lose??

The Lions avatar you display tells me that you are a team fan first. Another hypocritical statement by you, but its what I've come to expect. As for making them lose, that is totally missing the point. You just decided you didnt want to cheer for the Lions because of Jiminez, for that you decided that BC doesn't deserve your support. So much for being a "fan". I guess the avatar is just another way of showing your hypocrisy.

I love you sambo.

I just love you to death.

In the event of an emergency, they can always show it on the TSN alternate feed, like they'd done with hockey when things like golf go long.

I am so hoping.

I would watch any telecast game even with the likes of howard sterd and vince mcmahon, or britany spears, or hillary clinton, or pee wee herman or…

Its not about the talkers.

Well the alternate feed has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantage is that if you get TSN, you should get the alternate feed at no extra charge. The disadvantage is you probably need a digital box to get that channel. And it’s not in HD either.

But if we end up having a golf tournament go long, there’s nothing wrong with starting the game on the alternate feed and switching to the HD one upon it’s conclusion.

I generally like most of TSN’s broadcast crew, much better than CBC.

I could not agree LESS!

An exciting game will always be exciting no matter who is commentating or announcing!

Furthermore . . .
True fans of sport do not have to choose teams. Sure, a true fan CAN choose a team, but a football fan is never obligated to cheer for anybody.

If somebody wants to switch who they are rootin’ for in mid-game, that is fine. If a fan doesn’t like a running back or QB or even a punter, they are free to begin booing that player or team without having any bearing (or reason) on whether or not that person is a fan, true fan, or mediocre fan.

Each fan has different ways s/he views their team. The way they choose to cheer, or not cheer, does not relect their loyalty towards their team or the sport.

OK, honestly, can we drop the "true fan" nonsense? It's juvenile...

a true fan would never write just juvenile poppycock :twisted: