TSN interviewed YOUNG and GM

Here is the link

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/

It is a video interview near the bottom of the page.

Thanks for the link.

I hope every person who has come on this board or said it elsewhere condemning our Caretaker watches this interview and learns.

Here's hoping Desjardins can turn this team around... made a good point about getting rid of players that don't want to be here.
If I heard this interview right, Lancaster has to take the blame for not getting things done right as GM.
Hang in there Cat fans

If anyone was accepting responsibility it was the Caretaker; what all good leaders do.

Bob also said there were five rookies running the team - four too many - so there is no point blaming one over the others.

The positive side of things is that Bob admitted there were mistakes made, but bringing Desjardins into the organization is the first step in turning things around.

rockster wrote:

(quote]
If I heard this interview right, Lancaster has to take the blame for not getting things done right as GM.
[/quote]
That is exactly what I understood when I heard the interview. Ronnie did not help the rookie head coach as a GM should.
Could it have been that Greg Marshall replaced Ron and Ron did not agree with being replaced?

I doubt that is the case TC26. I think it is just that Coach Lancaster was not suited to the business aspect of being a General Manager. He was offered the job, and thought he would give it a try. It didn't work out but he obviously has found a role in the oranization.

He was the coach when we had a number of years as contenders, so I don't believe any of that talk that he isn't a good coach.

Willy in Japan wrote:

He was the coach when we had a number of years as contenders, so I don't believe any of that talk that he isn't a good coach.
I think that the demise of this franchise and the 1-17 season in 2003 was the result of MacDonald and Grant and their unwillingness to run the club properly. Unfortunately they would not give Ronnie the money to acquire or keep quality players.