TSN innadvertantly does not see CFL as pro?

Did anyone catch Jennifer Hedger on Sports Center? She said “The city of Toronto is hungry for a a championship, haven’t had one in a professional sports league since 93 when the Bluejays won” Derek Taylor sat and nodded.

I understand over sites happen…but ffs, this is the network that televises the game. Clear to these 2 that they consider CFL an afterthought. I hope they get their butts chewed off. How embarrassing for both the network and one of their biggest partners, the CFL.

yeah, and incredibly her sports desk co-anchor (Derek Taylor) actually agreed with her!

How is it possible for TSN broadcasters not know that the Argos have won FOUR Championships since '93 (1996, 1997, 2004, 2012) ....and they are based in Toronto and hold exclusive CFL rights for Pete's sake.

will TSN address or apologize for the snub? doubt it.

I don't blame them for not addressing it....at least publicly....just let it fade away and not draw attention to it.

considering this tweet:

[url=https://twitter.com/jenniferhedger/status/272051403768344576]https://twitter.com/jenniferhedger/stat ... 3768344576[/url]
My son is fired up for Grey Cup weekend!
all leading up to the 2012 GC when the Argos won...Then there is the fact that she did hands on coverage for the event...there is not much excuse in my mind. was it a forgetful moment...no...not in my eyes...she doesn't count the league as professional, and IMO the CFL should be asking that she not be involved in it's broadcasts in the future.

To be fair ,winning a championship in the CFL is as difercult as getting to the semi final in one of the big four NA sports. Statistically speaking a team has a one in seven and a half chance of reachind the final 4 in the nba,nhl,and mlb. In the NFL it would be a in 8 chance.
In the CFL you have now a one in 9 chance, but all of the Argos victories came with a one in eight chance except for 2004.
By this reguard, both the Blue Jays and the Raptors have both just won the Grey Cup

I think you're in the wrong thread. Pretty sure you can ask the Mods to move it to the thread it was intended for and relative to and they will move it for you.

That’s your interpretation Bungle and obviously that woman agrees with you.

But for people with some grey matter between their brains, you don’t disrespect any championship team from your city if you care about that sort of stuff and while nobody cares what a Bungle thinks or me for that matter, a TSN reporter different story. I hope she explains herself with her stupidity and disrespect.

added a lil something something in there

Well done depop! I hope Larry Tanenbaum has a word or two with her about her knowledge base of sports.

Seems some others in the sports world don't think a whole lot of her.

http://www.autos.ca/forum/index.php?topic=48396.0

I will hold by my original thoughts on TSN. CFL needs to quietly prepare for a separation from TSN if necessary. Just get everything in order and have a plan if they feel they need to move away from TSN or TSN finds no use for the league. Hope for the best, plan for the worst and plan it before you need it.

Jennifer and her partner no respect for the athletes or League, TSN 1050 - same.

Hey she is probably challenging TSN or Bell to call her on this. No accident for sure. Some sports broadcasters think their sh.... don't stink and think they are above anyone in the firm they work for. It'll be interesting how this plays out if at all. She's pretty and for some that's all they need to think they are untouchable.

Untouchable!!!!, maybe that is what happened
Hey give her a break
She has never been the same ever since creepy Rod Black put his arm around her

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ-x3j8SgzYv2lppHpv1bWU_NebZ_97yS3beGEuuHD4GnwwmuoX

Rod said he would volunteer to give her a spanking! :wink:

unfortunately for Rod, Jennifer is not into men....just google 'Jennifer Hedger lesbian kiss'
(and yes, it is TSN's Jennifer Hedger) :smiley:

not really sure that Sean would agree....nor her

[quote="Aerial"]Hey she is probably challenging TSN or Bell to call her on this. No accident for sure. Some sports broadcasters think their sh.... don't stink and think they are above anyone in the firm they work for. It'll be interesting how this plays out if at all. She's pretty and for some that's all they need to think they are untouchable.[/

Seriously Im pretty sure its a dude the last time I saw a mouth like that it had a hook in it.... not to mention its eyebrows ...Whatever that thing is Im sure most people dont care what he or she thinks. Also for that comment he or she said it should resign or get fired. If it had any journalistic ability at all it would be working in the good old U S of A obviously.

this is not a site you should be posting links to on this site

as for the film content, they could just be playing truth or dare.

what the hell happened to the ability to delete your own post?

I meant to edit, instead I quote, now I have posted a new post for no reason that I cannot see anyway to immediately delete

Toronto Rock was also disrespected. So the CFL gets shat on again, the last time with MLS from some Rogers clown. Seriously time to start flooding these companies TSN and Sportsnet with comments that you're mad as hell and won't take it anymore. Because if you don't the abuse will just keep happening.

Matt Black called them out:

@MattBlack39: ?...Interesting, could of sworn the @CFL was a professional sports league. Meh, guess not...@TSN_Sports @CFLonTSN https://t.co/EoiDaztmsF

https://twitter.com/MattBlack39/status/736414564791635968

good on him!

I mean I get it, it is not one of the "big 4" but it is one that is a big part of their content, so they should be going out of their way to talk it up.

but Jennifer didn't mention anything about the "Big Four"

She said, "the City of Toronto are hungry for a Championship team and haven't had one in a PROFESSIONAL sports league since the Jays won in 1993."

clearly she and her fellow snubbing co-anchor do not believe the CFL to be a Pro sports league which is beyond insulting, especially to the Argos who have won FOUR championships since '93.