TSN Hatchet-Job On Printers.

I had to agree with all of the comments by the panel. I believe their opinions were unbiased and accurate. Nobody can blame Printers’ sub-par performance on the O line when over the past few weeks, two rookie QBs have come in and totally outplayed him with the same O line.
The collective opinion of the panel was that Casey would have a better chance of success with a fresh start on another team.
As far as Rod Balck is concerned, I don’t have a problem with him either. He has pointed out and applauded all of the positives as well as commented on the negative performance on the field. There just hasn’t been that many positives this year… again. Hard to hear, but the truth is, that’s the reality.
The panel also stated that all the right moves have been made and the Ticats will be a much improved team next year.
I agree.

8) If we simply release Printers, you can bet your life he will come back to haunt us !!!!
  It never fails with this team  !!!      <!-- s:roll: -->:roll:<!-- s:roll: -->

I thought releasing Maas was going to haunt us as well, but it hasn’t.
The only other teams where Casey could start is Toronto and maybe Sask, but he would have to take a hell of a paycut to do it!

An earlier poster hit it on the head.
What is a professional broadcaster suppose to say?
Nice uniforms???

Lets face it the Cats have been a mess…to the point that they might be the least successful pro team in North America the last 4-5 years.
They have been a nightmare to have on TV as most games are decided early.
Broadcasters have to take a side.
Nobody wants to hear “right down the middle” commentary.
It would be rather hard to take the positive slant with this team week after unsuccessful we(a)k.

Exactly.........commentators are paid to make comments..................agree or disagree, that's part of the fun.

Besides, there was no 'hatchet job' here; when questioned at the end of the segment, if as a GM they'd have Printers on their teams, Schultz said "Yes", Dunigan said "No", and Climie said "Yes, but as a backup."

I didn't see this segment on TSN but I wonder how Printers gets along with teammates and key personnel in the Cats organization? I don't know. He obviously has the talent or else he wouldn't have been MOP a few short years ago or given a real chance to make the Chiefs.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's behind about what that panel has to say?? They are not paid for their unbiased, hard-hitting football analysis. They are paid for their OPINIONS. That is what panels are for and that is exactly what they gave. If anyone is pathetic enough to let the opinions of any sports writer or panel member or any other "expert" in any sport then they obviously don't know enough about that sport to form an educated opinion. Most of us form our own opinions. I like Casey. I think he's been very supportive of his teammates and I haven't seen any of the negativity that he's been crucified for. I really wanted him to be successful. That being said, he hasn't been. Do I think it's entirely his fault?? Of course not, but when you bring in a rookie who is making WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY less money than he is and playing behind the same "crap" O-line and throwing to the same rookie receivers and having much more success it doesn't bode well for Casey. That is just the reality of it. The team just doesn't look the same to me when Casey is on the field. That's not to say that they hate him or that they deliberately didn't defend him, but they just seem much more dead out there.

Excellent post borehamgirl.

]quote="borehamgirl"]Am I the only one who doesn't give a rat's behind about what that panel has to say?? They are not paid for their unbiased, hard-hitting football analysis. They are paid for their OPINIONS. That is what panels are for and that is exactly what they gave. If anyone is pathetic enough to let the opinions of any sports writer or panel member or any other "expert" in any sport then they obviously don't know enough about that sport to form an educated opinion. Most of us form our own opinions. I like Casey. I think he's been very supportive of his teammates and I haven't seen any of the negativity that he's been crucified for. I really wanted him to be successful. That being said, he hasn't been. Do I think it's entirely his fault?? Of course not, but when you bring in a rookie who is making WAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY less money than he is and playing behind the same "crap" O-line and throwing to the same rookie receivers and having much more success it doesn't bode well for Casey. That is just the reality of it. The team just doesn't look the same to me when Casey is on the field. That's not to say that they hate him or that they deliberately didn't defend him, but they just seem much more dead out there.
[/quote]
[/b]

No you are not the only one. What they said was their opinion - like it or not.

I rewatched the game. Printers on many occasions was taking 5 or 6 steamboats before firing off the ball or running for his life. Tafralis was unloading in 2 or 3 steamboats most of the time. Same O line, same receivers.

I didn’t count, but there were at least a few times where it looked to me like he had plenty of time to pass.

Personally, I like when the commentators have opinions and don't just become 'talking heads.' They say what they think, and I think for myself and agree or dissagree.

Regarding their take on Printers, I agree.