TSN Hashmarks nuggets (Sept. 11)

"Hamilton's new head coach, Marcel Bellefeuille, said running back Jesse Lumsden will not see more action until it is clear he can handle it. Casey Printers, Richie Williams and Quinton Porter are all possibilities to start at quarterback, but Bellefeuille will not make a decision until after Thursday's practice. - National Post

Lumsden, who told the media this week that he plans to become a free agent at season's end, said Thursday he'll give the Ticats the first chance to re-sign him. The two major lineup changes for the Tiger-Cats appear to be Cornelius Anthony starting at middle linebacker and Rontarius Robinson, who is expected to replace the injured Ryan Glasper at free safety. - Hamilton Spectator"

http://www.tsn.ca/cfl/feature/?id=11505

peaceeeeee out Jesse.
you peoplen realize he's yet to go over 1,000 rushing in one season?

You don't plan to become a free agent; your contact term makes you one.

If he's giving the Cats first dibbs then the offer will have to be high in order to sign him on first talks.

It's more likely he'll take offers from other teams so we'll be in a fair and free market.

If I was Jesse (and clearly, I'm not) if the salary money is the same then there has to be more endorsements and future business interests here then in any other CFL town.

Jesse needs to play healthy as well. That problem exists because he is a stand up runner. I believe he can contribute in the Hammer and should be signed with a performance contract. I certainly hope he does not think he is a true super star. Most if all super stars find a way to stay healthy and play with nicks and bruises. Jesse has been hurt since his days at Mac.....

See you later Jesse.

I wasn't on the Jesse hype wagon when he first came here... but then he changed my mind. I decided that he actually was pretty darn good!

THEN...

I see that he's made out of egg shells.

Good bye. See you later.

meh im not going to lose any sleep over losing Jesse......i will over Mr. Nick Setta though

JESSIE (BAND-AID)LUMSDEN HAS BEEN OFFERED MORE CONTRACTS THAN THEY TELL YOU!! I'VE TALKED TO SOMEONE FROM THE TI-CATS OFFICE I FORGET HIS NAME , BUT ANYWAYS HE TOLD ME AT THE BEGINNING THE THE CATS HAVE BEEN TRYING TO SIGN HIM SINCE LAST YEAR TIME AND TIME AGAIN!!! HE OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE LOSING LIKE A LOT OF CFL PLAYERS!!! LOSING TIME AND TIME AGAIN AND PICKING UP MANAGEMENT AND COACHES THAT ARE HAS BEEN'S!!! HE WANT TO WIN!!! THIS WILL BE THE BAND-AID LUMSDEN'S LAST YEAR IN THE HAMMER!!! I LOVE THE CATS, BUT LETS START WINNING!!! EAT "EM" RAW!!! :frowning:

WHY ARE WE YELLING? :smiley:

He's yet to play one season!!

BECAUSE I CAN!!!

If things fail to work out in the remaining eight games this season, I'd take a very good look at Jesse and Casey and determine whether or not they are worth keeping.

If these guys can't perform up to their salaries and/or press clippings, I'd trade them both and/or cut them lose as free agents.

Just my opinion. These two guys would go a long way towards shoring up weaknesses along our lines.

OLD NEWS!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE PEOPLE CAN'T READ FOOTBALL IN THIS CITY!!! YOU JUST LISTEN TO THE PAPER AND MEDIA!!! WOW!!! PAPER IS NOTHING UNLESS IT IS REAL MONEY!!! I KNOW THE TEAM AND CAN RUN IT!!! NO JOKE !!!! I WOULDN'T HAVE TRADED MILES IN THE FIRST PLACE FOR MONTFORD FROM THE ARGOS WHICH WE TRADED AWAY FOR NOTHING!!! DJ FLICK AND WAYNE SMITH FOR NOTHING AGAIN!!! WAYNE SMITH LOVED IT HERE AND HE WAS OUR NUMBER ONE PICK!!! HE WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED FOR A LONG TIME AND PROBABLY STILL IS BUT HE'S WINNING SO HE'S FORGOT ABOUT US !!! YOU WANT TO GET INTO IT WHAT ABOUT DAMON ALLEN 1 MILLION FOR ONE YEAR I THINK IT WAS 1992 DID SQUAT!!! DONE-AGAIN ENDED HIS CAREER HERE CAUSE HE WAS A HAS BEEN AND HAD NO O-LINE!!! YOU WANT THE TRIVIA YOU HAVE IT!!! I WANT TO WIN MORE THAN ALL OF YOU THIS MIGHT BE THE FIRST DECADE WE DON'T WIN THE CUP OTHER THAN THE 1900 DECADE!!! BOB YOUNG I WILL SERIOUSLY HELP YOU WIN GAMES!!! MORE THAN A LONG TIME YOU NEED INTENSITY, SMARTS AND FOOTBALL SENSE WHICH I HAVE (MOTIVATION IS THE KEY) NOT YELLING!!! BYE BYE BLLEFUILLIE OR WHATEVER IT IS HAS BEEN FIRED AND RELEASED!!!

Number one, I'm a fan just like you but last night i was talking to a couple of the office people who overheard Bob say he was seriously thinking of taking you up on your offer to run the team. Cool eh?

The only thing stopping him from canning OB and Mitchell and bringing you in immediately was you forgot to post your experience in pro football and Bob didn't have a chance to PM you to get all your info.
Im thinking this will happen faster if you just put all your experience down on the forum here and then get to your phone asap.
Im sure it will be ringing shortly after.

of course u can run the team....can't we all? :smiley: