TSN had a rough night

bang on - faceplanted onto concrete, slow to get up…

“but Mike Oshea is upset about a pick play”

I thought they should have brought up Urbans concert in 2014 when he helped open the Ti-Cats new stadium.

Heck of a job right there.

What bugged me about that was there was a pick thrown against a Cat defender earlier that was only briefly mentioned. No replay or nothing after that.

Mentioned it in my original post - Suitor made a point of saying “they sprung him free on a rub that wasn’t called”. Dead silence after that.

I agree 100% with the other posters on this thread.

A couple of additional points:

1. The camera man who tripped Addison actually appears to lift his cable higher as Addison approaches! Most experienced camera people know to lay the equipment down. That was unreal.

2. The camera angles on some of the punt returns were poorly chosen. On one of the first returns the returner ran out of the screen. Grey Cup is not the time to introduce a new toy.

I’d be thrilled to see both Suitor and Cuthbert put out to pasture. Bring in some young guys with recent experience.

I sometimes wonder if Suitor actually is watching the game as it unfolds before him? It’s almost like he has prepared a few talking points that he just springs out of nowhere, and unrelated to the play. Then he comes back to the present, as if the director has now called his attention to the play.

As to Cuthbert, I noticed he stole Rod Black’s signature call, “Luke Tasker, son of NFL great, Steve Tasker?.

Can you imagine any U.S. network bringing up Justin Timberlake to do the play by play at the Super Bowl??? Or any of their half time performers? It was insulting to those watching the game and wanting to follow all aspects of it.

Was thinking the same.
Lady Gaga in the booth with Troy Aikman for 9 minutes of football action.
Absolutely embarrassing.

You nailed it perfectly Palmer.

That segment was beyond embarrassing and took away from the importance of the game.

TSN should be hugely ashamed.

Suitor’s son has been down in Nashville got a few years trying to make it as a singer.

He was kissing up to Urban so bad, he probably told him he’d go to his hotel and carry his bags to the airport during a commercial.

As for the rest of the broadcast, I agree with the OP 100%.

Whenever Hamilton plays TSN always makes it about the other team. Why should the Grey Cup be any different.

The Host on TSN Overdrive was interviewing Rod Black about the Grey Cup Game today ,

He asked Rod Black " how do you explain the loss by a 15 win team" or close to that

Rod Black " It was a mirage " the TiCats Season was a mirage …

Ha ! , dumb apps answer …All due respect for Black , Basketball guy , Figure Skating , skilled guy

but Football , ha !

Black is a Winnepeger. Nuff said.

The Urban interview was one of the worst moments in Grey Cup broadcasting fails .

We were getting a terrible course on CFL rules while the championship game was being played with the Cats on a drive . I was shocked at the dumb talk . Not even accurate in the rules .

Suitor acted very unprofessional . I could not believe he asked Urban who told him seconds ago he never saw the game before that night to do colour commentating .
That would be like Urban asking Suitor to play one of his songs at a live concert even though he can’t sing or play guitar and never heard his music before the event .

Urban was actually great and was very mellow but the two fan boys falling over themselves was one of those moments that hurt their credibility as professional broadcasters .

More Suitor than Cuthbert ; but hey at least now I know that it’s Suitor’s birthday .

Hey Crash.
Re:
On the Strevler objectionable conduct penalty “he really didn’t like what Dylan Wynn had to say to him” - HUH? Strevs ran over Wynn, got up and was hovering over him, and fake punched him as if to say “I own you” - we had zero indication that Wynn said anything to him. Suits - you’re literally making stuff up at this point.

Wynn pounded on Strevler’s ankle while Strevler was already down. Strevler reacted and got penalized for it, for something Wynn should have got caught for.

Fair. Didn’t see that.
Suits did go on and on about what Wynn said to him.
Still made it up.
Tell me what you SEE not what you think.

Did anybody notice what Harris said after the Duthie interview during his individual trophy presentation?

While holding his 2 trophies he said something like, "This is for all the haters, you can shove these…(inaudible). ???

Shove them where? ;D

I have it on PVR but can’t make out what he says right after. Seems rather unclassy considering that he was suspended for PEDs.

Like too many rule breakers and benders, like too many “offenders?, Harris portrays himself as the victim. As the Rolling Stones sarcastically said it: “And all the cops are criminals, and all the sinners, saints.?

Something I noticed, in re-watching the game, was a point where a TSN error may have had an affect on a TiCat coaching decision. With just under 4 minutes remaining, in the first quarter, when Watford was stopped short on a 3rd down sneak, the blue (Line of scrimmage) and yellow (1st down line) lines which TSN displays over the field were only 9 yds. apart. Speedy, on a second down comeback route catch, came up short of the yellow line, which itself was a yard short of the true first down mark. While on TV, it appeared the Cats were, then, about a yard short, they were actually about 2 yds. short. Condell
would have advised Steinauer, on his preference, based on what he (Condell) saw on the TSN feed he views in the spotters’ box. The Cats made the decision to go for it, on 3rd. down, needing a yard more than they likely thought they needed, and the result was their third turnover in less than the first dozen minutes of the game.

Maybe Ottawacat, but remember, Condell sits high in the spotter’s box and can see the yardage markers, chains and down markers. Shouldn’t be relying on the shaky technology of the TV yardage markers is my thought.