TSN going to 5 Stations

TSN 1 & 2 are Not enough as The Sports Network add 3 More to the line up in Aug.
TSN 3 4 5 Coming on Aug 25th Add that Rogers Sportsnet You got a lot of Choice …

http://www.tsn.ca/story/?id=451378

Can’t wait

not sure what content they're going to fill all those channels with. Just this week sportsnet had Genie Bouchard, Milos Raonic, and the Blue Jays on at the same time while TSN had.... Poker. It'll only get worse once the CFL season ends and NHL starts up now that Sportsnet has the national broadcast rights.

NOOOOOOO!!!

this will mean more Rod Black!

the horror!!

This can mean only one thing - more "Top Ten" shows recycling old highlight footage!!! :twisted:

They’ll have no excuse for not getting all the CFL pre-season games on starting next year.

Bumped so they can have two poker tournaments, a spelling bee, a Monopoly competition, and the movie Rocky IV. :roll:

Oh My God, More Darts and Poker to watch?

PLEASE more ESPN content like the morning/afternoon shows that are simulcasted on radio, great content that blows Canadian sports talk out of the water and ZERO hockey talk.

Nope. World Tiddelywinks Championship American Style.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBx-JazBX7E

Link to the English Tiddlywinks Association... the true premier league. Always the champs. Read the website. See the real world champs. Yawn mightily.

http://www.etwa.org/

http://www.independent.co.uk/migration_catalog/article5220298.ece/alternates/w620/1.jpeg

More ratings winners...

According to the Extreme Ironing Bureau this is “the latest danger sport that combines the thrills of an extreme outdoor activity with the satisfaction of a well-pressed shirt.? Originating in England it is now a world wide phenomenon that has taken place underwater, on mountainsides, and while parachuting.

http://cdn.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/extremeironing.gif

Bunny Jumping...We owe it to the Swedes for coming up with a sport such as this. Its simple really – trained bunnies hopping over obstacles. Its not really a new concept as Equestrian Show Jumping has been around for years, but come on, they’re bunnies.

http://cdn2.list25.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/kaninhop.gif

What sports do YOU want to see on TSN 5..6...7... and so on?

As long as it doesn't go as far as ESPN8 "The Ocho" covering professional DodgeBall... lol

Wouldntmind some hockey talk but all they focus on is the Leafs. And that ain't hockey.

Here is the official announcement ... and not a single mention of darts, poker, or "Top 10 NHL Goalie Freak-outs".

Cogeco and Bell are among those carrying the new channels from Day 1.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=459197

TSN announced today that its highly-anticipated expanded package of five national feeds will debut across Canada on Monday, Aug. 25 - delivering more sports, more choice, and #MoreTSN to Canadian sports fans than ever before.

Optimized to give Canadians the most extensive selection of sports programming on television, TSN's suite of five national channels - branded TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5 - will deliver a slate of expanded programming, including the ability to schedule key programming to serve multiple time zones.

TSN's five national feeds will be available to subscribers on the first day of the U.S. Open, broadcasting an unprecedented amount of live coverage of the final tennis Grand Slam of the season, including more of Milos Raonic and Genie Bouchard following their historic run at Wimbledon last month.

Distribution for TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4 and TSN5

TSN also confirmed today that the expanded five-feed service will debut in millions of Canadian homes, with a slate of leading television service providers already signed on to carry the service.

"We are absolutely thrilled with the reaction to our expansion plans across the industry – it's clear that our viewers, partners, and clients all want more choice and more access to the biggest events in sports," said Stewart Johnston, President of TSN. "We are delighted that so many television service providers have signed on for the launch, and we are looking forward to announcing further distribution partners in the coming weeks."

The following distributors are the first to offer TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5 to their customers when it launches on Aug. 25:

• Bell Fibe TV
  • Bell Satellite
  • Cogeco Cable Inc.
  • Eastlink
  • FibreOP TV (Bell Aliant)
  • MTS
  • Rogers
  • SaskTel
  • Shaw
  • Shaw Direct
  • Source Cable
  • TELUS Optik TV

More Sports, More Choice and #MoreTSN

Already home to Canada's most diverse lineup of sports programming and the biggest championships – among them the World Juniors, Grey Cup, FIFA World Cup 2015 - 2022, Grand Slam tennis, all of golf's majors and much more – Canada's Sports Leader is now able to fully leverage its deep lineup of world-class content with its expansion to five feeds: TSN1, TSN2, TSN3, TSN4, and TSN5.

Key programming highlights that viewers can expect to see across TSN's suite of five channels include:

• More live game coverage
  • More choice of games and events taking place at the same time
  • Expanded coverage of marquee live events
  • Effective scheduling of TSN news and studio shows, including SPORTSCENTRE
  • NHL hockey
  • ESPN programming
  • New acquisitions and partnerships

All five channels will be made available on TSN GO and TSN.ca.

Here's what I would expect to fill those channels.

1. Minor League Everything - The AHL, NASL, AAA, Arena League and a slew of minor MMA promotions are all content that can have a much bigger following with a television broadcast deal/revenue.

2. International Soccer - The sheer volume of soccer compared to how much gets picked up is astounding. Apart from the Premier League, pretty much all the Euro soccer leagues have little presence over here. Add Brazil and Mexico to that, yeah, plenty of soccer.

3. Uncommon sports - Lacrosse, Rugby, Aussie Rules Football, Cricket, look for them to get a boost.

And how much more per month for 3 more TSN channels?

Well, in theory with Cogeco, you can get Al la carte channels for 2.50 a month.

Thanks slimjim for noticing the inherent danger attached to TV network expansion. This expansion will almost certainly mean that in order to view our favourite sport(s) currently showing on 2 channels, they will now be part of 5 channels. Do you think the pricing will remain as is or will it go up. Hell, I think I know the answer to that one. :thdn:

I wonder if Bell will use the new channels as a marketing tool, providing them with their base offering or maybe in their first upgrade to their own subscribers, but charging other carriers a premium, forcing them to pass that extra cost to their customers. Although the CRTC might have rules against this type of dealings.

Most of all, as I mentioned back in May when this story first broke, I'm worried that TSN might slide some or all CFL games over to the new channels, forcing us to pay for whatever upgrade is required to get them.

When the internet started to make every sporting event imaginable available, I started to follow so many teams in so many different sports leagues, that eventually I just stopped caring about the whole lot of it and went outside.

Today, all that's worthy of my attention is THE team that I grew up with, and its seem that not a single poster in this thread has even the slightest excitement for these new channels.

:lol: Have you ever been to Mumbai or Christchurch? I can tell you cricket is a much more popular sport on this planet and is followed by many more people than American football, Canadian Football, and ice hockey combined.....for instance my Springbok And All Black brethren consider American and Canadian football a "joke to man kind" :( just look at Toronto, cricket is starting to take off as a high school sport where Canadian football is dying and is as good as dead in Canada's largest Sporting market....

TSN expanding to 3 4 5 and so on, THEY BETTER PICK EVERY GAME OF NEXT YEARs SUPER RUGBY SEASON AND EVERY GAME OF NEXT YEARs RWC in England Ireland and Wales :thup: Go SpringBoks & Natal Sharks Forever! :rockin: