TSN game coverage, player lineups

I know its only preseason, and the full coverage and production won't start until regular season, but its been bugging me the last couple of years.
"Starters to watch" is a good method to highlight key players, but why dump showing the starting line up. Whether it runs along the bottom, or more of a NFL style with video or pictures of the players at position, would this not be better for player recognition. Last year with all the injuries that occurred, I was lost in who was out there, especially along the line.
I watch all the games, not just my favourite team, so I would like to know who is out there.
I just think only profiling 3 players per team is a disservice to the promotion of the league and players.
Is there a sporting league out there, other than the CFL, that doesn't take 30-60 seconds to review starting lineups during the telecast.

And no this doesn't require the overly used, rarely justified, ridiculous "Bush League" comments

Totally agree and hope that they will change this/include starting players.

Richard

Agree as well, but TSN won't change until people start emailing them complaining about it. They can highlight key players on the field in the pre-game show (which they usually do anyway, so why do it again during the game instead of having a full line-up list?)

THIS IS SOMETHING I WANT TO THINK ABOUT EVERY GAME I WATCH!!!

TAKE A PIC, IDENTIFY THEIR SCHOOL WHETHER IT BE CIS/NCAA, BETTER FOR PLAYER RECOGNITION 4 SURE!!!

NOT ONLY FOR THE FANS BOTH YOUNG AND OLDER BUT EVEN FOR THOSE WOULD BE PLAYERS DOWN SOUTH.....EVEN BETTER FOR PLAYER RECRUITEMENT IN THE YEARS AHEAD:))

HOPEFULLY JEFFERY AND HIS SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM RECOGNIZE THIS!!

most if not all teams have a depth roster for each game on their own sites. You can even find a way to print if off.

Totally agree, scrap the starters to watch scenario and just show the starting lineups. TSN couldn't even get it right last year every time that they would show Bakari Grant as one of the three starters to watch they had a picture of Corey Grant on the screen instead. You would think that they would update their player data base considering that Corey Grant retired years ago and is now one of our assistant coaches. It wouldn't take any longer to show all the starters names on screen and would look a lot more professional than only bothering to show only 6 starters out of 24 playing the game. Hopefully they do away with the starters to watch crapola this season and do it up right by showing and giving recognition to all the players starting in the game.

how about they do it nfl style

With the rosters so big, starters are essentially meaningless. Teams substitute guys in all the time on both O and D. And the starting lineups announced at the stadium are often not even who actually starts. Starting means one play for many positions. It would be far better to go over each team’s groups, i.e. all the receivers, all the d-linemen, etc., but would take too long.

that's why the depth charts at each teams website is ideal.