TSN Coverage of Stamps Game

I for one loved the way they mocked the CFL and the stupid suspension/fines.... pointing out about 15 helmet to helmet hits in the first quarter, lol.

I think Suitor is an idiot for most of that stuff.. there's a difference between a helmet to helmet on the line and a helmet to helmet on a QB who's released the ball. When they were reviewing the plays from the Sask/Argos game he said late hits are part of football, but when Kerry Joseph got taken down late - not helmet to helmet mind you - he gets all uppity about how it's not right. He's just pro-green. Period.

Yeah all those comments got pretty annoying. I too thought it was ridiculous comparing a blindside hit on a lineman to a hit on a QB.

I agree to a point. But there was a vicious hit on KJ (forgot who it was)that was definately helmet to helmet. It was not a late hit, and I had no problem with it at all. But in light of what happened last week, that player should be suspended - to be fair. If Rider management was on the ball, they will start their letter-writing campaign early so the player in question is out of the lineup next weekend.

For the record, I hate this kind of back-room strategy - let the players and officials on the field decide the outcome of the game. But the league officials started a precedent, and it would be unfair to change it now.

After a while the whole thing didn't show too much class.

Calgary4Life wrote:
I think Suitor is an idiot for most of that stuff.. there's a difference between a helmet to helmet on the line and a helmet to helmet on a QB who's released the ball. When they were reviewing the plays from the Sask/Argos game he said late hits are part of football, but when Kerry Joseph got taken down late - not helmet to helmet mind you - he gets all uppity about how it's not right. He's just pro-green. Period.

No different than Walby on CBC. When the Bombers are on, they can do nothing wrong. And Walby just hates the Riders, never has anything good to say about them.

Of all the posters on this site I thought you would be the guy to post this! Anybody that enjoyed Suitors lack of professionalism is just plain stupid! They went on for what 10 mintues! The league ruled and Suitor cried just like the fans that he played for!

It seems you like being wrong! Thats see your other post you called Higgens classless because he did not shake hands and he did thanks to Ro's picture you can not dispute that one. Because in the picutre it clearly shows he shakes hands and then of course BGM! SAys he had to because Barrett forces him too. Yup lack of air in a certain area of your province!

Walby did get in shit for his comments...so this is very different unless Suitor gets a spanking which i doubt will happen.

I don`t believe Walby was out of line actually
The officiating in that game for a lot of reasons was really bad and ruined the game in my opionion. The fact is however he trashed the refs which is a no no ....that crew has done a good job since that game however.

Suitot will hear nothing because the segmant was produced and aired. it was OKs already even though I thought it was really stupid and wrong. I dont get the acceptance of using the helmet on a guy. Used to be the shoulder now it is the helmet.

I just watched the video highlights over on TSN.ca and the tackler for the Stamps was Cornelius Anthony. Do I think it was a dirty hit that deserves a penalty or fine? Absolutely not! But given last weeks decisions out of the board rooms, I think it's only fair don't you?

I agree with Calgary4Life and redwhite2005

redwhite2005, you said, "Anybody that enjoyed Suitors lack of professionalism is just plain stupid! They went on for what 10 mintues!"

I couldn't agree more with that. It was getting annoying and took away from the game being played on the field.

I think Suits was trying to make a case for himself being the new CFL Commissioner.

He wouldn't back down and said if the CFL doesn't have anyone in their head office who knows anything about football, then they shouldn't be levying fines and suspensions!

Perhaps he was demonstrating that only if they hired Suits, would they have an in-house football expert and someone tough enough to stand up to the renegade BOG's :smiley:

Suitor reminds me of Walby more and more as the weeks go on. Why can't these guys just stick to the game?.....With the exception of the usual "few" Stamp whiners on this site,congrats to the majority of you, the Riders rode you hard from start to finish, then tossed you into the trash like yesterdays news...didn't we.....yeah we did, expect more of the same this Friday...boys...GO RIDERS GO

Exactly instead of going on on on about something that has been decided by the CFL they were missing out on the Riders playing well! Ithought what a bone head instead of commenting on the plays he is rambling on about this istuation. Then trying to find an example was just moronic and childish! I will watch games on TSN but I will listen to the radio from now on that was just to much out of his mouth last night. If you are going to be biased as commentator you should not be on the air. Really what ticked me off is the fact the riders were on a roll and this guy just tried to be the show! Get rid of him now!

After is mouth flapping last night he proved top everyone he knows absolutely less! How the heck did this guy play football.
Duhthe ball Coach I get da guy wit don't I !This guy is pathetic reminds me of Taman!

And replace him with who? Schultz? Climie? Dunigan? or maybe Walby will move over to TSN. Suitor is a lot less annoying than Walby will ever hope to be, so be careful what you wish for! The first game had two of the most boring commentators I have ever seen. Darren Fluite might have been a great receiver but he suques big time as an analyst.

Out of anybody, i’m quite impressed with how well Kahari Jones as made the move, he still has football left in him and it must be hard to be on the sidelines, not like these other no talent baffoons,you can add millington to the mix of garbage also…GO RIDERS GO

Right now replace him with a crash test dummy that would be a huge upgrade!

Khari Jones would be a great analyst for TSN, or CBC, and get rid of the two homers, Walby or Suitor.

I think Darren Flutie is the best commentator out there right now. Very knowledgable.