TSN CFL Preview Show

Nothing positive is ever said about the Cats by this TSN crew. Jock Climie just proclaimed enthusiasctically..."Everybody's got a shot this year!", then in a condescending tone, "but Hamilton's got some work to do".
Climie has always been negative regarding the Cats. I hope our guys "crush" Montreal, Thursday night. And if that does happen...you can bet that, Jock would say that it was because...Montreal came in all banged-up.

Before you all bash Dunnigan too much please remember that he retired as a Ti-Cat.

It sucks that he bashes Printers a lot but there will always be a part of me that respects Matt. Back when he played his heart and passion for the game was inspiring.

Well according to that preview show 08' is another bust for the cats. :smiley:

Ya the Show was Toronto Media biased at it's best

Toronto Suc* you know ..

Why do fans always get bent outta shape when something negative is said about the ticats or ticats players. 3 years in a row we have finished dead last in the league. Until we do something positive the opinions of those in the media are correct. There are a lot of things to be excited about this season. Yes I would like to see those in the media eat there words but it has to be done on the field not on paper. GO CATS GO!!!!!

I didn’t find it biased, we deserve to be bashed.

It doesn’t give him the right to just make stuff up and not provide facts.

We win a few games early and we will start to get the respect. We have to earn it and I guess it should be expected we are treated that way until we show otherwise. If printers is nicked up and slowed down then i sure wish dunnigan would explain it a little. The show really didnt go into much depth with any team and it seemed like they had trouble filling the hour.

yeh.. alot of bashing tn on the show, not impressed... why so much hate torwards us every year?

This show is meant as a preview for the casual fans. They did a good job for the most part. Duane Ford is a nice addition. The interview with Cohon was short but of high quality. The tribute to the guys that have passe was tastefuly done.

Are you a masochist Drexel?

And before a single snap has been taken this year!

Tell me the Cats sucked last year…fine. Tell me they sucked two years ago…fine. I’m not disputing those facts. What I am opposed to is the knee jerk reaction of “Who does Hamilton think they are trying to field a team in the CFL?” attitude. It is assumed that the team has sucked for years and “looks like another one of those years, sorry to tell ya”. The organization has made great strides to improve the weak points of the team this year. It wasn’t even mentioned that the receivers and DB’s were upgraded as a number one priority and just maybe they might be a better team. They didn’t talk about this year’s team, they talked about the teams the Cats fielded the last three seasons - which this team is not.

They question the quality of the receivers and lack of experience of the DB’s.

Dunnigan did stand up to The Clamie regarding Printers.

Because it feels good.

Look, the Ti-Cats have been terrible and have lots to prove.

I thought nothing they said about the Cats was unfair.

I'll be honest with you, I had trouble sleeping last night after watching this show. It hurts to hear these guys suggest that it's going to be another long year for us. I feel like I'm part of the team and when the team is insulted then I am as well.

Now, with that said, the first thing I thought was, boy I would love to see them eat their words. Especially Dunigan. The team can use this as a ralling point. No one thinks the Tiger-Cats are going to do well this year, so step up and prove them all wrong. Maybe this is exactly what Printers needs. I think this all goes back to the press conference when Printers was introduced. I think these guys hated how he presented himself as the next 'Saviour' of this team and league. He needs to show everyone that he can do and be what he said. I hate that I take this stuff so personally, but it's just ingrained in me. Here's hoping we serve up a dish of crow for the TSN crew on Thursday night.

Dunigan mentioned that Printers isn't the qb he once was, not as much arm strength or mobility. No idea if this is true but I get the feeling Matt isn't a Casey fan.
Oops, just reading the other posts, this already mentioned above, my bad.

Who was the person from Sask that they were paying tribute to at the end of the video clip of the people that had passed away?

I didn't recognize the person or the name, can somebody let me know, I was just curious who we were paying tribute to.

Yes we have made strides to improve both the WR and DB. To be honest none of the WR's put much fear into opposing teams. If CP can find a go to guy maybe that changes. I hope it does. We added veterans in the secondary but unless we improve upon our league low 32 sacks last year it won't matter. Coverage and pressure go hand in hand. The reason our secondary was burned so much last year has to do with the lack of pressure. If we don't get to the QB it will be the same thing this year. Basically what I'm saying is that respect is earned and we haven't earned any yet. Go out on the field play hard and win. Respect will come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El9q416xZEs [url=http://www.canada.com/globaltv/regina/story.html?id=05d79a71-ff23-45f4-a636-0e0620398713&k=76491]http://www.canada.com/globaltv/regina/s ... 13&k=76491[/url]

Didn't get a chance to watch the show, although I now feel like I did after reading these posts.

The panel is entitled to their opinion, and while they are all knowledgeable, they've been wrong before, and will be again.

It doesn't upset me that they indicate that this may again be a long season, because while I do see some improvements, I don't have the sense that this team is going go from worst to first.

The biggest changes are with the coaches, and adding a proven GM. This will pay dividends, although maybe not right away. Outside of that, we have probably let more veteren players leave then we have brought in, and we didn't have a lot to start with. If half our rookies are above average players, we will still come up short on the talent side. I think the panel can see this, without knowing the details on each new player brought in. There are too many question marks, and there is no way they will all be gems.

Don't get me wrong, I think the team has improved, but as hard as it is to admit, we don't have the makeup of a champion just yet.

I am just hoping that we can stay healthy and be a bit of a surprise. We should be better then last year.

PJ