TSN cancels broadcast of 2 pre-season gamest. Also potatoes are good

this

1 Like

Back in the time, the local TV programming used Red River Technical Vocational college students free of charge as part of their training. 4 cameras owned by the college. Now As least in Winnipeg the WBB stadium is located at the U of M…a great chance to again give students actual live game production experience.

3 Likes

This is like what Saul Goodman did successfully. It’s cheap and they should just copy his positive example, and of course they also represent a force for good.

Get out of the way you TSN bojacks.

1 Like

Same thing happened in Winnipeg without notice and that station is now running decades old comedy snippets.

On an earlier point, the Simple Radio app will allow you to pick up any radio broadcast of any CFL game.

2 Likes

I believe we in Winnipeg can still listen to Bombers games on 680 CJOB FM.

1 Like

Absolutely. So can anyone else on Simple Radio. But the TSN 24 sports station packed up quicker than the Baltimore Colts a few years ago.

1 Like

TSN will be showing re-runs of Senior’s Mixed Pickle Ball (people over 65) while counting heavily on their primary sponsor, Acme Hip Replacement Parts and Servicing to pony up bigger advertisement dollars than CFL Pre-season Games could ever hope to attract.

1 Like

Here’s a sneak peak from TSN about this exciting show and sports extravaganza…

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/OblongTenseGermanpinscher-max-1mb.gif

3 Likes

How can local stations pickup the games if TSN is not broadcasting them? TSN must spend a fortune to telecast games, there are tractor trailers full of equipment, a command trailer that co-ordinates all the cameras, the sideline cameras, the cameras on the lifts behind the end zones, the broadcast crews.
Does local community television still exist?

Nope, currently they televise some local events on a local TV station such as high school, Pop Warner and the odd U of M games. The signal wouldn’t be sent across Canada just locally. Nearly all participants would be students and staff of Tec Voc. I recorded then watched (after we returned home from the game) my own children play in the Winnipeg stadium.

3 Likes

Is there no such thing as a contract stipulating how many games are televised, or is that just left to TSN’s discretion?

i bet there is no such contract but lots of cigars.

seems like TSN just does what it wants or something. i feel like the CFL never seems to have much leverage in contract negotiations lol.

5 Likes

When the entity paying the loot we need to survive asks us to jump…

3 Likes

Ya it does… And it’s always minimal.

3 Likes

But they own the broadcast rights to all CFL games.

I would like to see the league eliminate pre-season games and add two games to the regular schedule. The two games would be meaningful. I don’t get anything out of pre-season games, you might see the starting QBs and offense for a quarter of one game, if that.
Let teams choose their players from in house scrimmaging. It worked in 2021 with no pre-season games.

3 Likes

[quote]
…How can local stations pickup the games if TSN is not broadcasting them? TSN must spend a fortune to telecast games, there are tractor trailers full of equipment, a command trailer that co-ordinates all the cameras, the sideline cameras, the cameras on the lifts behind the end zones, the broadcast crews.[/quote]

Bell owns Dome Productions which provides production services for most TSN programming.
If your an Ontario taxpayer you help subsidize their business via tax credits.
https://www.domeproductions.com/

I’m with you. I couldn’t care less about pre season games (in any sport) and never watch them and give away my tickets to them if I can even find any takers.

I know some on here like them and that is fine (to each his own), but my guess is the ratings are so poor it’s not worth it for TSN to produce the game and try and sell the advertising. Why wouldn’t they do so if they could make money on such games?

you grumpy realist dwarves are no fun.

And the difference between a TSN broadcast and a local production would be OBVIOUS … I seriously question how long many/most fans would stick around once they got a look.

The CFL being the transparent league it is. We can’t tell if it is teams who want a better gate or if it is TSN that is brokeass.