TSN beating the crap out of its competitors. Some CFL Props.

[url=http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/press-releases/story.aspx?id=4581357]http://www.broadcastermagazine.com/pres ... id=4581357[/url]

Mid-Season Report: TSN is Canada's #1 Choice for Sports

[i]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• TSN is the #1 specialty channel in Canada across all key male and female demographics -
  • TSN has registered record-breaking audiences for several marquee events -
  • TSN more than doubles the audience of its closest competitor -
  • TSN expands its sports coverage with major acquisitions, the launch of TSN Radio 1050 and new TSN apps -

TORONTO, March 11 /CNW/ - From the Montreal Alouettes' Grey Cup victory to Team Canada's heartbreaking loss in the IIHF World Junior Championship, Canadians continue to turn to TSN for the biggest moments in sports.

•The 98thGrey Cup registered 6.04 million viewers on TSN and RDS, making it the second most watched Grey Cup ever and the fourth most watched program of the broadcast season just behind Super Bowl XLV, the 83rd Academy Awards and the 2011 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP gold medal game.

Memorable Moments on TSN and TSN2
•Team Canada gives up a three goal lead and suffers a heartbreaking loss to Russia at the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championship
•CFL's first-ever regular season game in Atlantic Canada

The next evolution of the TSN brand, TSN RADIO 1050 will feature best-in-class analysis from TSN's sports experts and insiders and coverage of live sporting events such as Toronto Argonauts games during the 2011 CFL season. Headlining TSN RADIO 1050's weekday programming lineup is the station's marquee morning show, THE MIKE RICHARDS SHOW,with host Mike Richards. [/i]

Well TSN is kicking ass with their CFL broadcasts, and if they are doing pre-season now I'm even more on board. Only thing is they are making big money on the back of the CFL, and when it's time to renegotiate a deal, CFL WILL get a substantially larger chunk of cash.

Makes sense to me, I know the TSN mentality if you will, gives full service to the CFL and hockey and other stuff like curling which I like at least the highlights. Sportsnet, way too much boring baseball although tune in a bit to CHL stuff and The Score doesn't register for me any more since they dropped the CFL show with Duane Ford although I do watch some CIS stuff.

I would like some more stuff like whl and cis out west on tsn. Get rid of poker

What, you mean you don't enjoy watching a sports network televise fat, creepy guys in dark shades sitting around a table? :smiley:

Took up curling this year and its quickly becoming my second favourite sport after football both as a spectator and participant..