Tryouts

http://www.esks.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=1467

October was once a very good kick returner in the CFL . Im sure he must know #s to call and wouldnt participate in an open free agent camp .

Winstons agent (or Winston) would know the system well enough that he wouldn't need guidance from fans to get his guy a look.

I thought in the original post it was thsryonesaying hewould like to play for the Cats anyway?

He's gotta be about 36 by now, no?

Little old for a returner, especially when we've already got Holmes and Fowlkes on the team.

His name alone oughta get him some tryout respect with Desjardins.

I THINK Winston October either suffered a serious head injury or had some serious brain disease, and the Eskimos had him see a neurologist who recommended that he never play football again. After that, he retired, or was retired, by the Esks. If I am totally wrong about this,
1. please ignore this post
2. somebody set us all, especially me, straight.

Thank you,
Merlin

I think your thinking of Thomas Haskins.

A quick google:

[i]EDMONTON ESKIMO FOOTBALL CLUB

Final Release (2004122)
July 20, 2004

Winston October earns Player of the Week honours[/i]

http://www.esks.com/media/images/photogallery2004/july17vsham/04%2007%2010-October,Winston-15.jpg

Let me elaborate....I am based out of New York and I was playing basketball with this guy who I thought was pretty athletic..He told me that he played in the CFL/NFL and his name was Winston October..He also stated to me that he was thinking of playing football again cause he had retired in 2004 at 27 or something like that..I told him that I could represent him but he did laugh at that....I only came on the forum because he mentioned that he was looking to tryout for the Hamilton Ti-cats....I looked on the site but didnt find anything about it so asked the forum..I am just a guy trying to get a potential client..

So in other words you’re just a guy off the streets that wants to be an agent and you think that your way in is with this fellow. I understand completely!!

Just tell him to run east and west a lot and fumble the ball every time he touches it, that is pretty much what they look for in a returner here. Anyone who shows any sign of athletic ability or returning skills will be dismissed as a headcase.

wasnt the 2006 season tryouts ?????

I couldnt understand that last part your thumb was in your mouth. yeast is where he belongs.

Winston was a very good special teams returner with the Als and Esks a number of years ago (including a 298-yard returning game against the Cats at Commonwealth in 2004). I was curious about whatever happened to him. If he can still ball, I am sure the Cats would want to give him a look-see at a tryout.

http://www.esks.com/default.asp?V_DOC_ID=1467

Oski Wee Wee,

I think Yeast got either a punt return TD or a kickoff return TD that game too....

weird....

oh yeah, i remember baking in the 35-degree heat of commonwealth’s upper deck for that one.
troy davis puked on the field.

oh, and october… no thanks. he probably just figures his best chance to make a team is to try out for the worst one.