trivia question

name 3 starting cfl Qb who at sometime in their career, started at least 8 games at another non kicking position.

I can only name 2.

Russ Jackson played safety as a rookie in '58.

Jerry Keeling?

Gerry Datillio?

I'd say Reggie McNeal but I don't recall him STARTING at QB.

the earliest one I can think of is Jackie Parker.
the lattest one I can think of is Danny Barrett.

I am blank in between

Danny Barrett, of course. :smackforehead:

But I read Russ Jackson's book, and in his first 2 years (58-59), he was backup QB and played safety. I know that much. In '60 Ron Lancaster arrived in Ottawa and the two platooned at QB for 2 or 3 years before Ronnie was traded to Sask for Frank Tripucka. Frank was over the hill by then and Russ won the job outright.

Keeling would be the one I think FYB. . .he's between Parker and Barrett. Played a lot of DB as I recall.

I've got these two;

Jerry Keeling: DB - QB
Kenny Ploen: (DB 1959) - QB

This was quite normal in the good ole days.

Just to name a few Bombers QBs

Arni Coulter - HB
Art Stevenson - HB
Greg Kabat - Guard / Flying Wing
Jack Jacobs - DHB
Joe Zaleski - DHB
Buddy Leake - HB
Kenny Ploen - DHB / HB
Hal Ledyard - DHB

Kerry Joseph

I stand to be corrected, but I think he only played QB in the CFL. I think he played in the defensive secondary while in the USA, but to my recollection never in the CFL.

I believe you’re correct. He played several years at ssafety in the NFL…only qb in CFL.

He may have lined up behind centre in Tontonto, but he never played QB there. im not sure what he was doing there.

[quote="canadianhothead"

He may have lined up behind centre in Tontonto, but he never played QB there. im not sure what he was doing there.
[/quote]
LMAO....good one

[quote author=“Rocky_B”]

LMAO…good one

otoh, when was the last time the argos had anyone better?