Trevor Harris to the Als

1 Like

Good move by Edmonton. Ballsy move by Montreal. :smiley: :+1:

1 Like

5 Likes

Two teams with a sense of urgency.

Seven out of nine teams now have QBs on their roster who have been Argos. If Arbuckle is somehow traded to BC (or HAM I suppose), it will be eight out of nine.

2 Likes

Toronto is trying to become the 'Kevin Glenn' of QB suppliers. Which team is still waiting for their package to arrive? :grin:

3 Likes

Hahaha, EXCELLENT use of Distracted Boyfriend meme, my friend!

2 Likes

Harris is not an upgrade over Schiltz, IMO.

I wouldn’t be afraid of the Als with Harris at QB.

1 Like

Well, as a backup, Harris is quite the good luck charm in Grey Cup games. (As a starter, not so much.)

1 Like

This is actually a low risk move for Montreal. Roster bonus due next Feb so the Adams salary is probably a wash.

If Harris plays great they move on from Adams, if he doesn't they move on from Harris.

1 Like

The girl in the blue top is Shea Patterson, not Matthew Schiltz ... Als are moving on from an untested rookie backup to a veteran backup if needed ... Harris isn't stepping in for Schiltz if Matthew performs decently ... and if Schiltz is somehow impacted by the presence of Harris on the sideline he isn't a legit starter anyway.

2 Likes

I would disagree,
IMHO,
They are not bringing in Harris to be a backup to Schiltz
The next 4 games are
TOR
SSK
@ WPG
WPG
I doubt he starts this Friday, but he will be given every opportunity to take the starters job

3 Likes

I think Harris is the new Glenn. Nobody's first choice. More like a shared resource that you lend out to neighbours, like a snow blower after a big storm (but only after you're done with it).

This could have been Nichols' role in the CFL if only he had stayed healthier.

4 Likes

I know Elizondo is enamoured of Taylor Cornelius, but I think Elks would be smart to go after Arbuckle in Toronto. Young guy with lots of potential and they now have cap room to fit him in. The only eastern team Toronto could deal him to would be Ottawa and not sure the Argos would want to strengthen the Redblacks in 2022. Outside of Edmonton it would make sense for Wpg to make a play for Arbuckle but I’m not sure they have the cap space.

2 Likes

Certainly confirms VA season is done. This will be Trevor Harris' team in 2-3 weeks. Good for him for getting a fresh start.

In the off season, RBs & Elks will be looking for starting Qbs. Maybe Masolli goes to one of them??

2 Likes

If Harris gets the time in the pocket he can shred teams, just say'n

1 Like

"Look out, CFL, here comes Harris/Ellingson" died hard, fast. Even TSN gave up on it after 2019 East Final.

2 Likes

Hopefully he can shred Winnipeg!

1 Like

Imagine having enough confidence in your backup QB that you don’t have to go out and trade for a new starting QB when your original starter goes down. Like HAM in 2019.

4 Likes

Problem is Trevor Harris has never played two good games in a row. If he passes for 400 yards one week then you better be ready to cover your eyes the following week. Not worried about the Alouettes or Trevor Harris.

4 Likes