Trevor Harris - a rising star and future of the REDBLACKS

wow.
Harris has uncanny composure for such a raw rookie.

in his first two starts, Harris has amassed incredible numbers:
54/65 (83%) for 613 yards, 7TD's and 1INT (tipped ball)

he is a star in the making and the future of the Argos.

I feel confident in stating that all these young emerging QB's (Cato, Harris, Bridge, Matthews, BLM, Willy, Collaros etc) will help usher a truly exciting and dynamic league for years to come and an increase in popularity not seen since the 60's/70's.

Now we just need to keep these new quarterbacks healthy.

How about flags on the Quarterbacks??? Joking... well, maybe not.

Harris looks phenomenal. Also a credit to QB coach / OC Brady and HC Milanovich in Toronto for starting their own QB factory (Collaros was their product originally).

Going to be very interesting to see what happens when Ray is healthy if Harris continues to tear it up like this. You can't sit him when he's posting up these kinds of numbers, but you also have a future Hall of Famer still very much able to compete at a high level...

It will be interesting to see how Harris does against Calgary and Cato does against Winnipeg next week. Both are road games so it's going to be challenging for both of them. I'm not looking for wins, but consistency in play and poise under pressure.

Why wait? Harris is "phenomenal" and Toronto is a "QB factory". They should trade Ray NOW! Why keep him when they have a young gun that is "posting up these kinds of numbers".

Someone's feeling butt-hurt, I see. :lol: Not gonna wrestle with pigs. :cowboy:

um, Harris just played a road game in the most difficult stadium as a member of the visiting team.

not to mention thrashing the Esks last week in what was essentially a road game as well.

How long until someone poaches Marcus Brady to be their head coach?

Won't disagree that he has looked good, but this is his fourth season with the Argos so hardly a "raw rookie".

true this is his fourth season although he's been a perennial backup under Ray and Collaros the past few years.
The injury to Ray as unfortunate as it seemed, finally gave Harris an opportunity to show his stuff.

Or you could look at it like this: he spent 3+ years being tutored by some of the top football minds in the league without the pressure of having to save the franchise or win right away. So he could be brought along the right way. :slight_smile:

We gave away one blue chip prospect when ZC left, there is no chance another one like Harris will be cast adrift.
If RR comes back, likely in a back up role for this year and then he will retire next or offered only back up money with the Argos.

:lol:

I am not sure that Toronto would have won with Ricky Ray as QB. Trevor Harris is quite mobile and it did help him. If he continue tom progress, it could be the end of Ricky Ray in Toronto after the 2015 season.

Tough loss for Saskatchewan; despite 587 yards of offense,they lost. Turning point was the interception returned-100 yards- for a TD; Saskatchewan did not help themselves with stupid penalties at crucial times.14 penalties for 131 yards.

Richard

He looked good last year, which is why I felt the Argos would be perfectly competitive this season with him starting.

Yes, but Calgary is a much better team then those other two, with a far superior defence, combined with being really tough at home. For me, if Harris can keep the game close and get some red zone production even if they end up losing, Toronto should start considering shopping Ricky Ray around.

I agree....and I'm a big Ray fan!

Much more upside with Harris for the long term, although Ray is still an elite QB and could start for any team in this league. (health permitting of course)

In a league where so many starters have gone down with injury, why in the world should the Argos trade Ray rather than have two starting-calibre QBs at their disposal? It makes no sense to trade Ray when he is healthy enough to play.

In a league where so many starters have gone down with injury, why in the world should the Argos trade Ray rather than have two starting-calibre QBs at their disposal? It makes no sense to trade Ray when he is healthy enough to play.
[/quote]
Unless the Argos want to shed a highest-in-the-league salary.

The Argos will not be able to keep both pivots once their contracts expire at the end of the season, thus it may be wise to trade up Ray before then to at least get something in return.

Ray has plenty of value to a team who wants to win now.