Trestman Turns Into Don Matthews

In his daily press conference available on the RDS website, Trestman was asked by a reporter (hard to make out who) a pretty innocent question about why it has been difficult over the years for the Als in B.C.

Trestman blew him off completely with no response, saying he is going on to the next question.

Not the best way to continue selling the Als in Montreal. You expect that from a Matthews or Tortorella, but not Trestman.

Trestman seems moody and sour of late. He used to be friendly with the media, but not these past few months. I watch the games on RDS, and they usually have a short 1 or 2 question interview with Trestman before the kickoff. He used to smile and be very friendly in these interviews. Now, he seems grumpy and disinterested.

Is the media in Montreal that bad, that he is fed up? He coached in the NFL, where teams get much more coverage and "harassment" from the media. You would think the thin coverage the Als get in Montreal would be a walk in the park for him.

Or is it possible he is bored and fed up with coaching the Alouettes, and the CFL in general? Maybe he had his fun, but after 2 championships, he has grown bored of his job. It would explain some of the things we are seeing this season.

Well I am sure he’s not happy with them reporting all over the media the locker room inner struggles this week as he’s preparing his team for the most important game of the season. Very understandable…

Since Trestman is in Montreal the Als are 1-2 in BC and we were robbed of a winning Avon Cobourne touchdown by an bad whistle. So I can see why coach dismissed the reporter. And he’s been consistant explaining to them that every year is a different team and that what has happened a year ago has no bearing on today in pro football.

Is it possible that pro coaches who come here all think most of our football reporters are football stoopid ???

Can you blame them…

IMO this is just a naturual drift when teams start losing.
be careful you all don’t swim down the sharks path.
this is nothing. just wait. as I said before the season "I smell touble in Montreal’ and of course that didnt go over well with the DAP and HFX crowd.

Where were you when the team went on a four game winning streak. Posters like you who only show up when there is challenges to the team are just lousy fans. This team worked hard all year. They've had more injuries than any Als teams since 96 and are tied for first place in the league. Maybe what your smelling is your arm pits.

mature reply. nice.

i’m saying cracks, crankiness, complaints appear, not when winning. but in losing.

No , you wrote :

I said before the season "I smell touble in Montreal' and of course that didnt go over well with the DAP and HFX crowd

Every team has guys who fall out during the season.

Did you smell trouble in Hamilton when Arland Bruce and Mo Mann complained about playing time ?

Did you smell trouble in BC when Jerome Messam took a piece of pie to his room ?

Did you smell trouble in Calgary that Burris would complain about losing his starter's spot ?

Did you smell trouble in Toronto when Cleo Lemon quit on his team on the sideline ?

Did you smell trouble in Saskatchewan when players went after Marshall and Berry ?

Just asking ...

What i said was I smelled touble in Montreal before the season started.
And you had the same juvenile response then as well to my opinion.

Don’t waste your time with that troll Flag, man.

As HF replied, with a banged up D from pretty much the get go of the season and now losing one of their top O Linemen and finishing with a record of either 11-7 or 10-8 (first or second spot in the division) means trouble, that kind of trouble does not really seem all that bad ! :cowboy:

Don't blame Trestman at all. As Hfx noted, since he's been here, we're 1-2 in BC with one of those losses coming because the officials botched an Avon Cobourne TD. By rights, we should be 2-1 there. What happened before Trestman came is completely and utterly irrelevant. I mean, seriously, what on earth does an Alouette team from 2001 have to do with its present incarnation? Completely different roster and coaches. Same goes for BC. A reporter who asks a BS talking point question like that deserves to be humiliated, and I say that as a someone who did his undergraduate degree in journalism.

TRESTMAN WANTS TO IGNORE THE PAST. THE FACT IS "STRANGE" THINGS HAPPEN WHEN THE ALS PLAY IN BC. always!

ALS FANS LIKE JOHNNY HAVE BEEN WATCHING THE ALS FOR DECADES. TRESTMAN HAS BEEN HERE 3 YEARS. TRESTMAN DID NOT SEE THESE THINGS:

[url=http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/08/22/alouettes-lions020821.html]http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/08/ ... 20821.html[/url]

JACKSON'S 109 YARD TD FOR THE WIN. THE MANY TIMES THE ALS SUFFERED THEIR FIRST LOSS OF THE SEASON AT BC PLACE. THE SEASON THE ALS WENT UP 24-0, AND LOST! THE DOUBLE OVERTIME LOSS TO THE ESKIMOS IN THE 2005 GREY CUP. IT GOES ON AND ON AND ON AT BC PLACE!

TRESTMAN BEING IGNORANT ABOUT THE ALS RECORD AND HISTORY AT BC PLACE, IS EVEN WORSE THAN JAMEL RICHARDSON NOT KNOWING WHO HAL PATTERSON IS (AND THAT IS BAD).

HERES ANOTHER JUVENILE RESPONSE FOR YOU ALOUETTE BASHING TROLL: GO FLAG YOURSELF!

LOL, I'm not going to bother reading a post in all-caps, sorry. Take that kindergarten stuff back to Herb's blog, where it belongs.

WELL, IN YOUR POST YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE SEEN JOHNNY ON HERB'S BLOG. PRETTY MUCH CONFIRMS THAT YOU DO READ JOHNNY...

AND, JOHNNY GETS UPSET WHEN PEOPLES SAY THEY WON'T READ BECAUSE OF ALL CAPS. IT IS JUST LIKE THAT GUY WHO REFUSED TO READS LESTAFF'S COMMENTS CAUSE THEY WAS IN FRENCH.

:thdn:

Then solve the problem and turn off your caps lock key. Basic netiquette, it's rude. Keep it up, and most of us here will put you on our foe lists, in which case we won't see your posts. . . if you get upset at that too, sorry.

THANKS BARRISTER FOR THE ADVICE (AND IT WAS FREE!). JOHNNY DON'T DO SMALL CAPS. NEVER DID, NEVER WILL. ITS CALLED TOLERANCE.

Let's all answer little johnny in tiny little grey letters, maybe stoopid will go blind and go away

Absolument. Et en fait, si les Alouettes semblent mieux se débrouiller à Vancouver qu'avant, c'est peut-être justement PARCE QUE Trestman a plus de succès à concentrer ses joueurs sur cette partie seulement et à leur faire faire abstraction de la longue série de défaites que l'équipe y a subie. Une équipe de football a plus de succès à se concentrer sur ce qu'elle contrôle, ce qui existe, que ce qu'elle ne peut contrôler ou ce qui n'existe plus. Or, le passé n'existe plus et on ne peut rien y changer.

Coach's statement to his team, courtesy of Herb...

“I told the team after practice that I’m very proud of them and what they’ve done this year, particularly over the last six weeks, winning four of six games,? Trestman said. “They were all close against really good opponents.

“I’m proud of them because of the way they handled it and moved forward,? he continued. “They come to work and are not distracted. They’re focused, whether we’ve won or lost. They’ve always moved forward and have done it again this week. They’ve never looked back or taken toll of the adversity we’ve had – on or off the field.?

“We’re moving on and I felt like (addressing the team) today,? Trestman said. “I watched them all week. I’m very impressed with how they’ve handled themselves.

“They needed to know that.?

When I read this. I see a coach who still very much cares about these individuals, who believes in them and I know they will play their hearts out win or lose. As a fan I'm very proud of the intensity and resilience they've shown this year. Like coach i think if they believe in themselves and look out for each other play disciplined football they can win this. Very proud of them. This is a tough season with a lot of good teams aiming at them.