Trestman for President

Thank you Marc Trestman for speaking out on behalf of CFL fans. I believe the majority share your concerns.

The game is being stolen away. It's like selling a prized car only to see the next guy run it into the ground.

5 Likes

Wait what?

1 Like

3DN story

1 Like

Commish or President? :wink:

1 Like

Prime Minister?

3 Likes

I'm against authoritarianism, but as he can be limited to one term, how about all three for a bit until all these ships are righted?

2 Likes

They are going to change that as well. Just haven't told us yet.

Very possible that the best person for the job of Prime Minister may well not be a Canadian and that we are limiting ourselves by not opening the competition. The people will like it better.

Only the present deal is so sweet they would not be keen.

2 Likes

MacBeth had good things to say about our game as well (and he's experienced most every version North America has to offer).

“What’s wrong with the Canadian game?” Bethel-Thompson asked rhetorically during an appearance on The Green Zone. “I don’t see it, it’s a beautiful game of its own. It’s big, creative, been played as long as the NFL game has — I think it’s exciting.”

5 Likes

I'm happy to hear a U.S. player say that about Canadian football. For the last eight or nine years I've had CFL games available I'm grateful to have a sport I can enjoy. I'm a local phone call away from Minneapolis and I wouldn't go to an NFL game If I got a free ticket.

4 Likes

A couple Americans defending our game from a bunch of mediocre Canadians.

Says it all about the problems that have kept the CFL down.

4 Likes

You means the Canadians themselves?

They must really hate team Canada's performance at the Winter Olympics.

How dare they win?

2 Likes

Wanna be nfl fans, wanna change it to emulate nfl. Instead of just , watching the nfl. And pretend your in Canada.

1 Like

Like Toronto is pretending to be in the US while in Canada or is it the other way around.

4 Likes

Ya it's mostly just Canadians that bash our game down here ...

Guess no one is happy to hear your comment

3 Likes

Some Americans might agree with me, more will probably disagree, but the largest group will have no idea what I mean because they know even less than I do about Canada or Canadian football.

2 Likes

We need more Americans like you in Toronto! :grin:

You'd probably get a kick out of this Youtube video:

2 Likes

I actually found this about a month ago and watched it. It is pretty entertaining, but I wish they had paid more attention to the game.

Sorry to say Toronto is a little too far south for my taste. According to latitudes given in Wikipedia my hometown is a few hundred yards NORTH of Percival Molson Stadium. That means that I am one of a small percentage of US residents that can claim to live farther north than all CFL East home stadiums. Of course I'm still definitely south of the entire West. From what I read about Winnipeg weather that sounds a little more like home.

3 Likes

If you like weeks and weeks of -25° Celsius winter weather mixed in with the odd -40° Celsius day or two (that's the temperature where Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same)... then we are definitely the place for you!!! :smiley:

This is amazing. Weeks of -25C!?

This was pre-public internet and apps for those of you under about 40.

In February 1994, ironically when the Winter Olympics were on and the scandal of Nancy Kerrigan and Tonya Harding broke, an arctic cold wave hit into the Midwestern US and even south of Indiana.

I was living near Indianapolis where I grew up, and I remember on the coldest day the forecast of -40F and looking at the temperature gauge noticed for the first time that just as you stated it is also -40C! I'm not sure if it hit that temperature, but I think we did get close and I'm not one to tell the difference at under about -12C!

Well my friend, one and done was enough for me!

I remember when it "warmed up" to -4C for a high one day, after a solid week of far colder temperatures, and going out for a run after being cooped up so long.

1 Like

Every Winnipeg winter I always look forward to those balmy -4°C temperatures. We do get them but they don't last very long. Here we are a week from May and still barely in positive territory with lots of snow on the ground and more negative 'high' temperatures coming this Monday.

Was there a 'spring button' I was supposed to push to get rid of this stuff?

1 Like