Tresman popp

I understand what you are saying. But, if Austin is that tough to play for then why have some of the veterans like Lawrence, Laurent, Collaros, Tasker, Filer, Bomben, Fantuz, E Davis, Tolliver, Chick re signed with the team??

They all had an opportunity to get away and yet chose to stay with Austin.

I guess I am agreeing in the sense that the guys with a few miles on the carcass, have come via other teams, or pressure schools don’t seem to be having problems do they? I just think that sometimes Kent talks before he thinks, or conversely, seems to be a little pouty and withdrawn when maybe a reassuring pat on the ass would go a long way?

However, he is who he is, and either you can play for him you can’t. No doubt some of those who left couldn’t and probably some wouldn’t?

But to be fair, how many of those who left went to better money or opportunity?

Don’t forget this is PROFESSIONAL sports, where you are paid to play. I doubt there are too many coaches who will provide much empathy to a player who messes up.

I remember watching a Lions-Tiger cat game a couple of years ago. A B C player made a bad goof on the field, as he returned to the sidelines, he entered the bench area as far away from Wally Buono as he could. But the coach hunted him down and then proceeded to chew him out good in front of his teammates and all of Canada.

As reasonable as Wally may be when interviewed, I’ve seen him vent at the referees, can be rather boisterous when speaking with his coaches during a game.

Conversely, the younger coaches like O’shea, Maas, Dickenson seem to have a cooler demeanour.

Maybe, it’s an age thing.

Trestman (sp) and Popp have created a monster in a very very short time with solid back ups. As much as I dislike them both, you have to hand it to them for doing a job Austin and Tillman has failed to do in 5 years. Unfortunately, being stubborn along with poor scouting, poor player evaluation and lack of depth sums the situation up.

Just so we’re clear, the accomplishment you’re referring to is this: being one game above .500 in the first third of the season.

It may be true that the Austin-Cats have never equaled that great feat given their slow starts (perhaps in 2015?). But something tells me that Trest-Popp are not yet declaring victory as they have surely set their sites on even grander accomplishments. Let’s revisit in a few months.

To be clear.....I hope I am 100% wrong. The powers to be will make the Flag Ship of the CFL succeed.

Agreed

in 2015, after 5 games, Tiger cats were 3-2.