Tre "Superman" Smith

What do you think this is a game? lol

They Play could been Reviewed..
Maybe Overturned.. But Not Likely
But Why Take a Chance Run The Ball in
He had the room.
I am glad He Scored but Still Take Care of dam Ball.

With a title like 'Superman' Tre Smith
I thought I would learn some super things

but I learned only one thing about him,

the ball came loose on his T.D. run.

Hardly worth reading the
two pages of posts. :oops: :expressionless:

(Ronfromtigertown) With a title like 'Superman' Tre Smith I thought I would learn some super things

but I learned only one thing about him,

the ball came loose on his T.D. run.

Hardly worth reading the
two pages of posts. Embarassed Neutral

Ron: I didn’t get to go to the game, but 4 of us watched the play in question on replays, several times.

We didn’t see the ball come loose on Tre Smith’s touchdown run. It came loose after the touchdown was scored. That’s why the touchdown counted.

During Tre’s run, we saw him carrying the ball very precariously, like a loaf of bread)but with a FIRM GRIP.

I’m sure you were at the game and perhaps didn’t have the advantage of all the replays we saw.

I ceretainly don’t sanction Tre’s carelessness in the way he carried the football, but he is full credit for the score. (IMO)

I was at the game and saw the play when Tre scored the TD. What it looked like to me was that he dove into the endzone in the air and then spiked the ball down while still in the air. He certainly did not fumble it but was merely hotdoging it at bit once he got in....probably really excited about scoring his first cfl td.

This is Direct Quote from Charlie Taaffe About Tre Smith "I told RB Tre Smith, it’s not a slam dunk contest, I mean that hole was so big I could have walked in there. He just needs to run the ball in and not give the officials an opportunity to take one away from us, but he did a great job, running very well. This week we’ll try to get him more involved in the return game and see how he does there"

That all I wanted to hear that He Corrected the Player.
Made me Happy as a Fan.
Smith has some Talent
A Coaches Job is Teach and Correct Mistakes.
Charlie Did that and Still Gave the Kid Some Leeway.
Very Well Played..
This Way I am Glad Charlie is Still Our Coach

Yes, well stated by Charlie. Didn’t berate him, but didn’t sugarcoat it either. Charlie realized it was rookie enthusiasm and fun.

Tre Smith flew over the line.I would say he took off on about the 5 yard line and landed 3 yards into the end zone.He knew he was in. T.D. Tiger-cats.I hope he catches on with the team.He has a lot of speed and he can return kicks.Another thing,this may sound stupid,but I was impressed with him when he calmly took a knee in the end zone and conceded the single point.This was his first game in Canada.Last year we had guys trying to run it out when they shouldn't have.I just thought it was a simple little play that usually goes un-noticed.He showed a lot of poise there.It's the little things like that,that help you win football games.

woulda coulda shoulda, didn't. as long as the nickname "superman" or "slam dunk" sticks, 'cause it looks like he was trying dunk the ball ove the defenders head!!!! LMAO!!!

he had a great game tonight.

I think the nickname should be "roadrunner" because when I saw the highlights of that return his legs were moving so fast they looked like they were going in circles (like the old roadrunner cartoons).

“meep meep”

8) There are some good videos on youtube of Tre Smith highlites during his college career at Auburn. This guy has outstanding speed and is a keeper for sure !!!!
An excellent signing by Obie !!!       <!-- s:thup: -->:thup:<!-- s:thup: -->

Hey, Farr are you reading this?? :smiley:

This guy is Must Stick..
Runs well Catches Well Returns Kicks Real Well

Arguably, offensive and special teams player of the game for Ticats IMO. Fumbles punt return - then first play in next series runs for 40+ yds. Then clutch 70yd return late game - sets up winning TD.

Tre Smith appears to be the real deal. Yes it's preseason but he has been consistent all camp and preseason. Consistently impressive.

There's few players that make such a splash in preseason. It reminds me of Troy Davis coming into town. I saw him in both preseason games and was just blown away. It was obvious he was a gamer. One thing to say about the Cats, they sure have been fortunate with running backs in the last decade.

now if only we get fortunate with an o line :lol:

On returns he reminds me of a Wally Zatylny even though he was a WR!

Thank you for showing up today Tre!

Most of you that know me know I am always positive on here but seriously we stunk it up out there.

I like this Tre Smith though, he's alright with me. lol

Now I shall stop posting because Tre was the only positive I saw out there. Other than the Bradley hit on the first passing play of the game.