Tre Ford and Schaffer-Baker work out for Raiders

Ford caught the attention of NFL scouts at the University at Buffalo pro day in mid-March when he ran a 4.45-second forty-yard dash, leapt 36 inches in the vertical jump and recorded a ten-foot, five-inch broad jump. He recorded 17 reps of 225 pounds on the bench press, a 6.85-second three-cone drill, and a 4.27-second shuttle at the CFL Combine two weeks later.

3 Likes

I'll be honest with you Schaffer Baker is pretty much a guarantee Shoe in to make it on an NFL team he has everything they want he's going to wind up on a roster somewhere and eventually playing as a starter he's too good I wish him nothing but good luck

4 Likes

That's ok, the Elks don't need a quarterback.

just the fact that a canadian quarterback from USports football background is getting NFL looks is pretty remarkable.

4 Likes

Heh, it's remarkable even when they get CFL looks. I'm hoping guys like Nyhus and Desjardins can attract some of that attention too.

3 Likes

If he was 6'3" he probably would have gone strait to the NFL. He is hugely athletic. Then again pretty much anyone who can fog a mirror is better than what the Raiders got now.....

2 Likes