Transactions

http://riderville.ca/news/press_releases/2935/
The Saskatchewan Roughriders have made the following roster moves.

The following players have been added to the roster:
Import DB Denetay Heard
Import DB Tad Kornegay

The following players have been released from the roster:
Non-import OL Ryan Ackerman
Non-import DL Nuvraj Bassi
Import DB Jeremy Burnett
Import WR Princeton Shepherd
Import LB T.J. Stancil

The following players have been added to the disabled list:
Import WR Matt Dominguez
Non-import WR David McKoy
Import WR Mike Washington

The following player has been added to the suspended list:
Non-import DB Dustin Cherniawski

The Roughriders also announced that they have traded import defensive back Kevin Garrett to the Winnipeg Blue Bombers for a negotiation list player and future considerations.

Im a little suprised Stancil and Shepherd were already released. And it would also appear Mike Washington is still not healthy. Also what is the suspended list?

Why cut Stancil? I liked him!!! They sould have cut Tristen Clovis (sorry for the crappy spelling). The suspended list is for players who....well.....idk. I guess he sould up late lol. Mike Washington will be OK just give him time.

Go Riders

Suspended list is used for many things. In this case, Cherniawski is quitting but this keeps him under Rider control if he decides to return.

Shepherd was converted to receiver only this year so he was fairly raw. His routes were quite sloppy and lazy and with all the talent at WR in camp he didn't have a shot at making it.

ya i just heard Dustin intends to retire. and oh ya i forgot he's the one who was a QB, sorry i was getting mixed up theres to many recievers aorund lol.

STANCIL SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN RELEASED!! HE IS BETTER THAN HALF THE PLAYERS AND THIS IS BULL SHIT!!! HOW THEY GONNA RELEASH SOMEONE WHO DIDNT EVEN PRACTICE YET??? DONT MAKE ANY SENSE TO ME AT ALL! THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

exactly stancil is amazing his one game last year he had 10 plus tackles. either some rookies were really impressive or there was some backstage motive.

I think they seem to think that Stancil is a band-ai. That when he is healthy he is top, but if he has any kind of knick, he won't play.

Just what I have heard. Personally I think he is great. Just wish he wasn't hurt all the time

Good 1st post 07. Tell me something. Stancils number? Was it 7? Yep.

Maybe this is what is bull. People saying this. Cutting a player who was always hurt for Coach Barrett and Coach Austin is ridiculous. Was it bull the Riders paid a player who always got hurt?

Cant wait to get back in town. And watch the Riders practice.

Austin, wasn’t it you who said the departure of Hunt wasn’t that big of a deal because we have players like Stancil to step in?

I liked Stancil. But unlike some people on here. I dont think I am smarter than our coaches. Or our gm. This is what is BS. Blaming Riders for every thing. Even when they win. Maybe Coach Miller knows what is best for his team. Remember last year? Some people thought they knew more than Coach Austin.

I liked Jurasin. And Hunt. But I dont cry every time we lose a vet who we all like. Remember all the crying when Jurasin got cut? Remember how quite it got after Truluck got 4 or 5 sacks. I do. Some things never change.

APPLAUSE

Austin why is it when somebody questions a decision they are anti-riders or your standard response is the coach and gm know more then the fan.

I am not surprised at Stancil being released if it is because of the injury problems. If that was case why not to it sooner. What I am surprised at is the significant lack of depth we have at linebacker. Here is the list of people under contract including Stancil

45 McCullough, Mike LB N
42 McKenzie, Anton LB N
7 Stancil, T.J. LB I
47 Lloyd, Maurice LB I
49 Carter, Yannick LB N
0 Rucker, Marcus LB
48 Williams, Renauld LB I

We might be able to convert K. Jones to a full time linebacker but that limits the flexibility we had on the line last year.

Both Rucker and Williams are raw rookies. Carter is the same. While I like McCullogh, I am not sure he has the ability to be a three down player. So I am hoping Eric has thoughts of picking up someone, because we just lost another key player in the linebacking corps.

STANCIL IS HEALTHY RIGHT NOW AND WAS LAST YR WHEN HE PLAYED AND KILLED IT! AND HE SHOULD OF PLAYED IN THE GREY CUP!!! IVE BEEN WATCHING THIS PLAYER SINCE DAY ONE SO AUSTIN DONT COME AT ME ASKIN ME DAMN QUESTIONS LIKE WAT NUM IS STANCIL!!! U DONT KNOW SHIT!!! HE WASNT HURT ALL THE TIME EITHER THEY MADE IT SEEM LIKE THAT TO THE PRESS WHEN THEY WERENT PLAYING HIM...

Carter is not a rookie, he played very well on special teams last year. From what I have seen of Williams, he has a real shot at starting this year. Lloyd is a good player as well. I also suspect that there some DL and DB that have a chance at sliding back and forth.

While I agree that coaches and gms can make mistakes, the histrionics over cutting Stancil seems more than a little overblown.

I would suggest that the team was thinking about this for some time, but they brought him in for the Ring and also it gave the team a chance to look at rookie camp to see if there was any promise in the new guys.

Do you really think the Mr. Hall would not have kept him around if he felt that was the best option?

My comment about Carter being is raw rookie is from the aspect of playing linebacker, he might have taken a play or two at that position last year, but nothing to give him experience at the position.

Yes he played special teams, but it didn't contribute to his playing linebacker position.

But he was still practicing as a linebacker. He is not a raw rookie. He isn't even a rookie. He is a 2nd year backup linebacker.

Sorry for stating the obvious but special teamers don't just practice special teams.

Raw rookie was just a bad use of words. Inexperienced backup would be more accurate

You seem to know a lot. Maybe 07 is a clue. That was Stancils number. Or maybe you are a former Rider. Bitter. Worst of all would be this. If you are a Rider. Coach Miller would be real happy.

Mike about another linebacker. Tillman said this on Riderville. He thinks it may be strongest position on Riders. A lot of people have asked him about this player and that player. He said he didnt want to say to much about players this early in camp. Things could change. But he did say this about Ranauld Williams. He has been the best player on the field.

Austin, why is everyone who questions the GM anti-Rider. I guess you were anti-rider when Shivers was around then. I was just wondering because it seems like every decision Tillman makes is good. It was good when they let Reggie Hunt go because we had T.J Stancil. T.J Stancil is let go and it is still the greatest decision ever.

What? Shivers and Tillman have nothing to do with this. Shivers is not here any more. Tillman said this on Riderville. Said Coach Miller made the decision. Did you see what Tony from the Riders said about Stancil under other Stancil thread? Said the coaches decided to cut Stancil after the rookie lbs played good.

Tillman never said what you said. He did not say Stancil was the reason they didnt sign Hunt. I read most of what he says on Riderville. He did say this. He thought Stancils best position was where Hunt played. That is not saying he is reason Hunt is gone. ET said a lot more about 2 other lbs McKenzie and Williams than he did about Stancil. Every one on Riderville knows that.

Maybe you should re read what I said greenandwhite. And wonder about this to. Why 07 has only 4 posts. And why all are about Stancil.

I liked Shivers more than Barrett. Barrett didnt make changes. Or wouldnt make them. Austin did and we won. Miller looks like he will to. I say good for you Coach Miller.