Trajectory Sports Stinks!!!

I'm a Blue Bomber fan in the U.S., and the 2007 U.S. Broadcast Schedule has been released.

EIGHT Blue Bomber games are blacked out in the U.S. this season, and it's the fault of Trajectory Sports.

Trajectory Sports owns the U.S. distribution rights for the CFL. Once again this year, Trajectory Sports gave exclusive rights to a load of games to VOOM WorldSport HD. Standard-definition broadcasts of these games will not be available anywhere in the U.S.

So to watch these games in the U.S., you need HD equipment, Dish Network, and a subscription to VOOM WorldSport HD.

Nearly half of the 2007 Blue Bomber season is blacked out to me. Thanks for nothing, CFL and Trajectory Sports!

That sucks. At least you can watch half the games.

This leads me to another question. For Americans, is it really that difficult to get Canadian channels? If someone from Alabama wanted to get TSN, then what hoops must they jump through?

I can tell you that without a dish where I live it's impossible to get TSN.

There is another way. Find someone who gets TSN and use a Slingbox to watch what they are watching.

I get a bunch of Bomber games here on the left coast (Comcast sportsnet west) and all are in standard definition.

The games are not blacked out. If they were, they wouldn't be available at all.

Trajectory Sports owns the U.S. distribution rights for the CFL. Once again this year, Trajectory Sports gave exclusive rights to a load of games to VOOM WorldSport HD. Standard-definition broadcasts of these games will not be available anywhere in the U.S. So to watch these games in the U.S., you need HD equipment, Dish Network, and a subscription to VOOM WorldSport HD.
It's just one game a week that WorldSport HD has exclusive rights to. It's unfortunate that the Blue Bombers are playing in most of those games but Trajectory Sports is in business to turn a profit, not improve the morale and well-being of CFL US fans.
Thanks for nothing, CFL and Trajectory Sports!
Don't put the blame on the CFL; they do what they can to get the games aired down here. I, for one, am happy that I can watch some games.

Last year, I added Dish Network to go along with my DirecTV just so I wouldn't miss the Friday night games. Now, I know I'm in a little different situation than most since I have to see the games to write my column, but I really looked at it like this: I'm a CFL fan who happens to live in the US; if I lived in Canada near a team, I'd be a season ticket holder without a doubt, so my subscriptions to DirecTV and Dish Network are my season ticket fees.

Between the two satellites, I'll get to see every game, and I'm more than willing to pay for that privilege.

Maybe the CFL should do what the NHL is doing and basically give away games to a major network like NBC just to get exposure? Ok, just kidding but then...

May I ask why you subscribe to both DBS services? Is it the NFL Sunday Ticket (DirecTV)? Just curious...

Yep. As much as I like the my hometown Saints, I've got to see Peyton Manning every week, and Eli, too. Without the Sunday Ticket, I'd be miserable.