Training Camp starts June 2nd

Less than 4 short weeks until training camp! :smiley:

This season will certainly be different.

No Obie
No Porter
Maybe no Chris Williams :cry:
Definitely no IWS

Iā€™ll miss my mornings wiping down the plastic chairs covered in dew listening to Obie talk about propects & football in general.

Releasing Porter was a mistake.

Chris Williams ā€¦ Dime a dozen ā€¦ Easily Replaced ā€¦ No Loss

IWS will be missed for sure, but Iā€™m looking forward to the traveling experience up to Guelph.

Thatā€™s a ridiculous ā€œsour grapesā€ type statement. You know damn well that Williams will be a very significant loss for this football team. You should refresh your memory on his records and accomplishments here the past couple of seasons.
ā€œDime a dozenā€? If that were the case, every other CFL team would have a Chris Williams and, in case you havenā€™t noticed, they donā€™t!
The reality is Williams is a once-in-a-decade type receiver/returner who the Ti-Cats apparently let slip through their fingers.

Id say your both wrong, Williams defiantly isnā€™t a dime a dozen guy but I also donā€™t think id call him a once-in-a-decade type player either. He has amazing speed and we all know speed kills so thatā€™s a great asset but he wasnā€™t an amazing receiver and we had some success returning kicks with other guys back there as well. Donā€™t get me wrong id love to see Williams back and I think he can really help this team but I wouldnā€™t over spend on him or call the season a loss if he decides not to show up.

Also releasing Porter was not a mistake, it was a mistake that it took this long.

I tend to agree with Makaveli. Williams isn't a dime-a-dozen player by ANY means, but he's not the second coming either. He's a very good player whose absence would be a significant issue for Hamilton, BUT not an insurmountable obstacle.

Slip through their fingers? He is under contract and is a hold out.

Show me another Ti-Cat returner/receiver from the last ten years that equalled Williamsā€™ production and accomplishments over a two year period.

Marcus Thigpen was a pretty similar player
Onrea Jones has the skills to put up some big numbers this year if he gets a chance.

Iā€™m not saying either of these players had or will have a Williams type season but I think Jones could do it if hes given the chance. Williams will be missed more in the kick return department than at receiver and returning kicks isnā€™t a science its a ton of luck and good blocking.

Why title any thread. Those who come on here turn it into their little pet project. It's no wonder that people avoid this forum. Can we stay on topic for once?
Looking forward to training camp. Should e interesting to see how all the pieces are put together by the we coaching group. Based on mini camp it could be a productive season.

Personally, I really don't care if CW shows up on June 2 or not, one player does not make a team, and I think we will get off to a good start with or without him.

Getting back on Topicā€¦Where is training camp this year. Sorry I havenā€™t paid attention as much as I should.

:wink:

By far, Williams was easily the best receiver on the TiCats (both yards and TDā€™s) and a mere 30 yds shy of the top spot in the entire CFL, including second in total receiving TDā€™s. (some accumulated immediately after running back a return.)

Seems like an excellent receiver to me.

and the fact that Williams contributed to 38% of the teamā€™s total TD production, and easily tabbed the best PR stats in the CFL, will be near impossible to replace.

CW is most certainly not a dime-a-dozen player, and those of his caliber come around once in a decade.

He also saw the most balls by far. http://www.ticats.ca/statistics/league/ ā€¦ m/hamilton

Like I said earlier I think Williams can help the team but if you look at everyones average he wont be a huge loss, if Burris is healthy we can easily make it work with the receivers we have.

Makaveli: He also saw the most balls by far. http://www.ticats.ca/statistics/league/ ... m/hamilton

Like I said earlier I think Williams can help the team but if you look at everyones average he wont be a huge loss, if Burris is healthy we can easily make it work with the receivers we have.

not sure why having the most receptions on the team is a bad thing.

CW also had the most yards per catch of all TiCat receivers.

Is this also a bad thing?

tangled web By far, Williams was easily the best receiver on the TiCats (both yards and TD's) and a mere 30 yds shy of the top spot in the entire CFL, including second in total receiving TD's. (some accumulated immediately after running back a return.)

Seems like an excellent receiver to me.

and the fact that Williams contributed to 38% of the teamā€™s total TD production, and easily tabbed the best PR stats in the CFL, will be near impossible to replace.

CW is most certainly not a dime-a-dozen player, and those of his caliber come around once in a decade.

You are right! Heā€™s a record breaker and just think, no other player in history has done what he has done. Yet some fans want to put him down and turn their backs on him because he wants more money. This guy could be the greatest Ticat ever!! Heā€™s a game breaker and thereā€™s not too many around like that. Weā€™ve had great receivers and some good punt returners but not too many like him. I donā€™t care what heā€™s asking sign him.

Wow some people are real jumpy on here today.

I never said it was a bad thing but the more receptions you have the more yards your going to get, like I said in my original post everyoneā€™s average was close and he was tied with Stala for the lead.

Thatā€™s why Iā€™m happy your not the GM, we had him last year and we finished last in the league. If he wants to resign the cats are more than willing to give him more money but he doesnā€™t want to come back he wants the NFL. I have faith Burris can make another receiver look good this year if Williams decides to sit out.

To answer an on topic question for Kooblahdee it is at Mac.

8) Apparently training camp is back at Mac again.
8) Ooops, you beat me to answering that question, Neuman. :lol:

I was going to say Mac but then I wasnā€™t sure if it was ever confirmed that it would be at Mac this year, but Iā€™m pretty sure it isā€¦