Training Camp Observations

Two of the Montreal football analysts that I have the most respect for are Pierre Vercheval and Tony Proudfoot. They of course have the football background and dont sugarcoat their observations. Vercheval this morning on CKAC mentioned the following players as being impressive in camp: DT Darrell Campbell, DT Martavius Prince, DB Jerald Brown, WR S.J. Green, RB Chris Jennings. And Ive pasted below part of Proudfoot`s blog from the CJAD website:

I have been asked to attend camp as Marc Trestman's defensive advisor, a job I have come to throughly enjoy, watching everything and writing reports. What I have noticed, and it is good news for Als' fans, is this years camp is more competitive with superior talent than last year. Jim Popp has done his job this off-season, for example there are at least three defensive backs in camp that are better than at least two starters from last year.

Nice observations Sheldon... I've heard and read nothing but great things about Jerald Brown. That might explain why they are trying Cox at OLB. There possibly is no room for him at his natural position. If Emry can win the MLB position we might also see Davis giving up some playing time to an import. Seems very competitive in the defensive backfield.

Defensive tackles and ends I haven't heard much but it is nice to hear that some of these guys are goons.