:ticats: Training Camp and Pre-Season 2023

I can honestly see him coaching in the pro ranks or at least at the college level someday in his future .

2 Likes

The lack of a practice schedule, or anything else related, suggests the TiCats, as has been their norm unlike some other teams, are not holding a “rookie camp.” Teams that are have scheduled 90-minute practices, daily, today through Friday.

1 Like

We don’t hold rookie camps?

I thought I heard or read somewhere that rookies are to report on Thursday of this week with the regular camp officially opening on this upcoming Sunday .

So one would think that that could be considered to be a 3 day (Thurs-Sat) rookie mini tryout camp for the coaches to perhaps flesh out the new talent and give them a head start on who to keep and who to let go moving forward into the main camp on Sunday .

1 Like

Boggles the mind.
Whose decision was this, I wonder?
The Head Coach?
The General Manager(s)?
The President of Football Operations?
The President of Hamilton Sports Group?
The Shareholders in Hamilton Sports Group?
The Caretaker?

One would think that the team would take advantage of a Rookie mini-camp in order to gauge talent and make the appropriate cuts before main camp. Since other teams do it, it makes me think that the Tiger-Cats are already at a competitive disadvantage…

training camp is open - I believe the rookies report & medicals today and on field tomorrow - they just haven’t released a schedule…

3 Likes

Took me 30 seconds to find this article that clearly states they are having one: New-look Tiger-Cats open training camp this week

I guess it’s easier to just go off on something you know nothing about than actually try to determine the facts.

6 Likes

I knew I had read it somewhere . It was good old Uncle Miltie that reported it .
Thanks for the link .

Has become quite normal on this site it seems.

2 Likes

Have they posted the training camp schedule yet

Fixed it for you

3 Likes
5 Likes

kind of coaching matter… https://ticats.ca/coaches/

DB coach is gone from last season and now Butler is DB coach and ST roach… Also weird not to have a WR coach either. Wonder if that is the teams way of cutting coaching salaries but yet do we really need 3 assistant managers

3 Likes

A few hours later, I stand updated on this as FMFan has posted what the club released, today, as their Training Camp Schedule, covering the next 7 days, and including two rookie practices before the full camp starts, on Sunday.

2 Likes

Well that was some good outrage, wasted on nothing.

Something tells me there will be more to come.

3 Likes

Great read here from Milton

He’s been working out with several receivers who live in southern Ontario, including new teammates Tyler Ternowski, Kiondre Smith and Llevi Noel, at a facility in Vaughan run by former Ticat Shamawd Chambers.

He’s also spent a lot of time at Tim Hortons Field, on the field, in the gym, and in Condell’s office. The latter took a lot of heat, including in this corner, for many of his play-calling decisions during the underachieving 2022 season. So it’ll be interesting to see how Mitchell’s “top down” preference plays out as the season progresses.

“I love (the playbook),” Mitchell said. “Tommy has a brilliant mind and he’s fun to work with. He’s very open to understanding how I see the field and how I see certain concepts that might be different to him or someone else in the past. There’s never a hard no, it’s an open dialogue. It’s talking about how we both feel about a certain play, or a single route inside of an entire set.

“It’s a welcome change and I’m excited to see what the results will be.”

4 Likes

I think Orlondo and Washington will be more hands on with the dbs this year, considering all the new faces coming in. Surprised there is no dedicated receiver coach though. Pretty sure Jarryd Baines was in 2019, now coaching rbs. Condell is pretty hands on with the receivers by all accounts and may spend more time there, leaning on Bo more and his experience at qb.

3 Likes

Is that Bo dissing Dave Dick? (or whoever his offensive coordinator has been recently)

It’s talking about how we both feel about a certain play, or a single route inside of an entire set.

Is that as close as football players come to getting in touch with their true feelings?

2 Likes

Who are we to question Bo?

1 Like

I’m excited to see what the results will be also! :pray:

4 Likes