Training camp 2022

Somewhere in their history Montreal decided to make being a fan and being excited about the team really difficult and cumbersome. I think it started with Mathews not getting along with the press.

1 Like

While the off-season roster was updated yesterday, there are still a few errors and omissions. As per this last roster, WR Eugene Lewis is now listed as "disabled".

None of their draft choices have been confirmed as signed, but I expect an announcement no later than tomorrow.

Richard

As per today's CFL transactions, the Alouettes have added A OL Mark Brooks,6'6, 315. Eligible for this year's NFL draft, but not selected or invited to a camp.

Richard

I was expecting announcements today regarding signings of their 2022 draft choices, but I presume that we may have to wait 1 or 2 more days.

I definitely don't understand their thinking; with all the news coming from other teams, you get the impression that there are only 8 teams-Alouettes out-

Richard

Same old same old from this organization, been this way for decades now. Sigh.

The last time I wrote Charles Rooke regarding unreliable rosters and other was August 27, 2021. I was not thinking of writing again soon, but I changed my mind today. I my e-mail I said:
-We get the impression that the Alouettes are dead.
-Only CFL team that has not signed it's 2022 Draft Choices; if so, no announcements to the fans.
-For the past ten days or so, the "great new" on the Alouettes site has been that Vernon Adams Jr. has changed number. From # 8 to #3. You go to the roster and Vernon is still listed with #8.
-On May 3,2022, Cameron Lawson was traded to Winnipeg; Cameron Lawson, as of the minutes ago was still included on Alouettes roster.
-I told him that I learn more about Players additions or releases from the Alouettes on daily CFL transactions.
-I told him that I don't understand their thinking.

I finished by writing that, as in August 2021, probablement que "tu écriras que je ne comprends rien".

Richard

I read on 3DownNation and CFL site that the Alouettes have signed entire 2022 Draft class including number one overall pick Tyrell Richards

Richard

1 Like

Excluding the additions of draft choices, the Alouettes have added;
-A DL Dashawn Crawford 6'1, 287
-A DL Mi'Cario Stanley 6'2, 275
-A OL Justin Chase 6'5, 311

Excluding 2022 draft choices and 2021 draft choice Ol Chris Fournier, I count 91 players on the roster, excluding non-counters. They may have to release a few players tomorrow.

Richard

1 Like

With the additions of draft choices, the roster is now at 101 players, i.e. 65 A&G and 36 N. I count at least 15 non-counters, meaning that the team may have to reduce by 1 or 2 players to be at 85 + non counters today.

Compared with last training camps, there are high numbers of 11 RBs/FBs, i.e. 6A&G and 5 N, 18 OL, i.e. 7 A and 11 N and 14 LBs, i.e. 8 A and 6 N.

On may 17,2022, teams will have to reduce roster to 75 players + non-counters. The reductions for the Alouettes will definitely include OL, WRs, LBs and DBs.

Richard

These are the players that I'm really interesting to see at the camp and who I think could be starter (I hope because we have some hole on defence)

• Erroll Thompson (MLB)
  • Debione Renfro (DB)
  • Kenneth Durdan (DB)
  • Josh Harvey-Clemons (LB/DB)
  • Andrew Ankrah (DE)
  • Tyrell Richards

I'm seeing more trades between the Elks and the Als. Als are rich on the offense of the ball and you know Jones will have all kinds of talent in camp on the defensive side of the ball.

They are rich on offence but they don't have that much depth, I think they will look to see what those guys can bring before and if any of those guys step up then yes we could see trade

No impact, since the players are on strike, nevertheless 7 players have been suspended; they are:

A RB Cameron Aris-Payne Veteran
A OL Brian Fineanganofo Rookie
A LB Jawuan Johnson Rookie
A OL Tyler Roemer Rookie
A RB Jordan Scarlett Rookie
A RB Juste Stockton Rookie
A LB Ahmad Thomas Veteran

Richard

1 Like

Wonder how long until the CFL tells teams to not give players access to the facilities.
Als receiver Lewis on frustrations with work stoppage, Sunday's players only walkthrough - Video - TSN