Training Camp 2021

[quote="
Happy Manziel day! :partying_face:

Great highlights, never gets old. He never should have started so soon. Deer vs Headlights all day. Off topic, sorry.

6 Likes

Or Rod Black describing the "miracle at TD Place"

1 Like

I don't think the Argo's would go with an all American receiving corps, Brescacin is too good not to have on the field.

2 Likes

Yes, that's true, forgot about him

1 Like

I remember one of my fave Ticat DB's getting at least one of those Interceptions

Ellingson is amazing . When I first seen Acklin on the first day of 2019 training camp he reminded me of Ellingson

1 Like

Even though that game was a terrible loss, it's one of my all-time favourites for how our underdogs played until those two plays -- the Gascon-Nadon easy interception missed, followed by Burris bobbling the snap that turned into the "miracle" play.
I think there may have been questions asked, had single game betting been around then. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Sigh ! Yep . To think we were two botched plays away from going back to the Cup for a third straight year . I still shake my head wondering just what in the Hell Gainey was doing on that play . :flushed:

3 Likes

I guess this is the new way of coaching, stab the guy on the way out

“Kenny did some good things in practice. There was some other things that just didn’t fit — wasn’t a cultural fit — and so we made a decision and we’re heading in that direction and wish him all the best of luck.” said Elizondo

The veteran receiver didn’t appear happy with Elizondo’s comments, tweeting, “Nothing like having your character attacked.”

Not a class move by Elizondo especially since Stafford spent most of the offseason living and working with Trevor Harris.

4 Likes

I agree coaches need to be careful on what they say sometmes, but I am on Elizondo's side on this one. If you look at Stafford's Twitter, he complained about the quarantine and daily tests almost every day. By contrast, how many Ticat players complained once they were here? Team culture is important.
How else was Elizondo going to explain cutting a very talented receiver. He's basically letting other coaches know there was nothing wrong with his play or talent level but you get some attitude with the talent. I bet Elizondo was holding back and being nice.
Someone will sign him.

2 Likes

I agree culture is very important. Culture starts from the top down. Making unnecessary comments to the press about players when you cut them does nothing for the team culture. All of those things need to be discussed privately with the player and to some extent with the team. Good or bad a team wants to know the leader has their back with those outside the team.

2 Likes

Good point.

1 Like

I think ticats had issues with one or two players in the past before the player was cut / released can't remember who though but it was a couple of years ago . I do recall Dyakowski and Reinbold saying negative things about Kent Austin though they didn't name Austin not hard to figure out which member of Staff they were referring to especially since Reinbold came back to the Ticats when Kent Austin was gone .

1 Like

22 Jul Press Availability

July 22: Jaelon Acklin – Hamilton Tiger-Cats (ticats.ca)

July 22: Orlondo Steinauer – Hamilton Tiger-Cats (ticats.ca)

Looks like Acklin is trying to create another QB controversy with who is the emergency back-up. 65 touchdowns in his senior year, look out Addison he is gunning for your job.

Coach O confirmed Okafor and a bunch of the young guys have been getting reps in place of Van Zeyl. He must be nicked up too. Still no info on what the injury is.

3 Likes

LOL... Wow !!! Did I hear that right ? 65 TDs in one season ? Outstanding !!! :open_mouth:

Well at least we know who our emergency 3rd string QBer might be if God forbid both Dane and Jeremiah both go down in the same game . The only problem would be is that he wouldn't have himself to throw to . :thinking: :football:

4 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72mvRxQhbiE
Yep he said 65 and there is some high school highlight videos of Jaelon on youtube , this one his QB and Receiver highlights are seperated

3 Likes

23 Jul Press Availability

July 23: Jeremiah Masoli – Hamilton Tiger-Cats (ticats.ca)

July 23: Orlondo Steinauer – Hamilton Tiger-Cats (ticats.ca)

1 Like

The latest from 3DN on Jeremiah and Dane: Ticats look ‘forward to decision’ as Masoli and Evans’ one-upmanship makes QB battle ‘fun to watch’ | 3DownNation

1 Like

Tough decision on who should start when both are equal. But I think they will go with the guy that's been there the longest.

1 Like

One thing I've wondered about is the game where Masoli was hurt, did he get the win and Evans the save, or did Evans get the win. The reason I ask is that their records shown for 2019 has Masoli as 5 -1 and Evans 9 - 2. That only totals 17 games, and it is an 18 game season. So if we go by those records as being accurate, then neither was given credit for a win for the Winnipeg game.

My thoughts? I think it should be credited to Masoli for the win as I think Hamilton had the lead at the time of his injury, and I think we never gave up the lead with Evans replacing him with a "new" category of "save" for Evans.

2 Likes