Traditions Club Gift

They haven't reached Dundas, yet. (It's about a 2 hour walk from Ivor Wynne Stadium).

not yet ..............

Still waiting, panting each day by my unfulfilled mailbox. Was it something I said?

Got mine in Guelph yesterday - one per traditions ticket....

Oskee wee wee

Got mine a week ago and finally opened it over the weekend. I'm really not sure what to say about to be honest. Looking at it from an artistic perspective it's "interesting".
From a Fan perspective I think I'll have to pass. I think more fans would have appreciated a high caliber book full of action shots of the 2007 with the players in uniform and game play shots.
I give it a 4 ot of 10 as an overall "gift" and what do you really do with more than 1 of these things anyway???

:)

Got it today! NOT BAD…NOT BAD AT ALL…

However…postmark says it was mailed Jan 31.

HMMMMMM???

Maybe the carrier WAS wearing snowshoes! :wink:

Finally got it and my poster from last year as well ...............

All we had to do was loose a week on the forums and hey presto ..........

Wow, I was told by my rep that it was too expensive to mail out the posters, even though they ran out during the game. Guess it must be cheaper for me to drive in from Toronto than it is for them to mail out two posters. Strange that it was no problem to mail out an invoice for $1386 though.

For those who haven't seen it, it is a glossy magazine published by The Hamilton Spectator in partnership with the Tiger-Cats.
In their own words, it is:
"A Celebration of THE HAMILTON TIGER-CATS in a series of special portraits". It consists of 120 glossy pages (including front & back covers)full of visually striking and often amusing photographs of Ti-Cat players. The proceeds from the sale of this publication go to The United Way as well two other charities that benefit underprivileged children.

Having explained what this magazine is, I want to take this opportunity to congratulate both The Hamilton Spectator & The Hamilton Tiger-Cats for participating in such a worthwhile cause. In general, I think the finished product is great, but I do have 2 slight criticisms:

a) it does not appear that this magazine is printed on recycled paper; this certainly conflicts with the
"sustainability" message promoted by someone like Julien Radlein (and, I hope, The Spec); and
b) considering the fact that this magazine was designed by the staff of a daily newspaper, I think someone needs to explain how they allowed the main subject of several 2 page spreads to get lost in the fold of the magazine. This seems like such a basic concept - I would hope that even someone like myself, who is not involved in publishing, would have caught that.

I am sure that this specific aspect of the magazine is slightly embarassing for the Art Director and Editors, but nonetheless I still applaud all involved for a job that was generally well done, with the proceeds going to a good cause.

I just got mine earlier this week.

The book is very high quality and a nice gift and the fact that it’s for a good cause makes it that much better.

That being said, the content of the book is just flat out weird.

One of our players is dressed up as a clown, one guy is in a full blue and white body-paint suit, and there are a few other very interesting costumes as well.

I find it odd that some of the players would even agree to do this. Some of those pictures are embarrassing if you ask me.

Does anyone else feel this way?

Anyways, it’s the thought that counts but as an avid football fan, I’d prefer some action shots (big hits, catches, etc), stats and bios on the player. Not a wierd photoshoot and the player’s random thoughts.

-AMG- I'm with you all the way. It's very very strange. And I'm a female that LIKES looking at football hotties - but prefer them in FOOTBALL poses. Honestly, because I bought two seasons tickets, they should have sent me two books - but after seeing it - I decided not to call and ask for the second one. My dad sure won't want THAT.