Tradebait Timmy.

a Canadian at QB :lol: who ???
There has not been good Canadian QB Since Russ Jackson

I want to give this guy one more year to develop. This is the CFL where reading coverage has been very difficult for all new QB's who haven't had played here before...

Given Timmy's motivation and superb physical fitness and his desire to really be part of a TiCat team, I think he has deserved a longer look. I believe that Obie has seen this kid's desire to succeed as well. I believe that is why he will get another shot this spring at camp.

You certainly can NOT call being given a look at a few NFL training camps game experience. Most QB's at NFL camps may be lucky to play one quarter before they are evaluated. A few games in NFL Europe is not enough time to determine Timmy's ability in the CFL.

Last years audition was behind the leagues worst o-line by far. Richie and Casey were often running for their lives behind these guys. Timmy is more of a drop back passer and he simply had no time to read the D before being pummeled. Let the guy compose himself and learn from his mistakes! He does have the physical abilities, give him some time to develop his CFL game mentally.

I say keep him...

I would be the one kicking his ship out to see. I was anti Timmy from day 1.
How can you be anti-anybody before ever seeing him play? Please explain Ticats111...

Didnt i read a ticat “fan” actually apologizing to Bomber fans for not getting to see Chang live and in person?

Simply stunning.

“Don’t dare blame the fans”, Crash. :lol:

That never stopped anyone, smog. People were hyping the Chang Era before and during camp.

I think Timmy could develop into a CFL QB. The only issue is Printers will be around for a couple years, William potentially could take over after that.

So when would Timmys development end and finally be ready to take over? In best case…when he is about 30.

If you can’t get something worth while for Timmy let him tryout in Camp with other QB prospects and then see where the money, time and energy is better served.

Barring injuries, Chang isn't likely to see any quality playing time in Hamilton this season. You know Printers will play the majority of the time, and in games where the Cats are way behind or (hopefully) way ahead, Williams will come in. So there will simply not be enough real time game reps for Chang to get in.

Therefore, if he is going to develop into a quality CFL QB, it won't happen in Hamilton, he'll just atrophy on the bench.

Printers still has most of his career ahead of him, so does Williams.

So, all of that tends to suggest that trading Chang is the route to go, if you can find a taker.

Well, my heart agrees, but my brain says NO!.
You are right - he should be given another chance. After all, isn’t that what CFL stands for? Chance Football League. One chance after another…
But the reality is this - keeping CHANG on the bench to learn is a waste of time & money. First, recall that even when WILLIAMS was #2, he hardly got any reps in camp. Don’t you remember Taffe’s surprise, when Williams came off the bench to replace an injured Printers - he said Williams only had 4 plays to work with the entire game. That’s because he didn’t get any reps.
How do you expect CHANG to get ANY reps at all, being #3? He won’t, so he’ll never learn.
You pick up a kid from an American college, much younger than 26, who will know the fundamentals much better (assuming it’s a decent college), and you are way ahead of the game.
Besides, how much did CHANG make last year? I bet it wasn’t loose CHANGe …
The Eagle - - - :cowboy: :cowboy: :cowboy:

I think keeping TC around for another year would be good for both the team and the player. Let TC learn from Casey and Williams and the team has perhaps the best QB depth in the league. After the season, both TC and the team can decide if he should stay or go.

I saw great promise from TC in the pre-season and in a few games where he came in from the bench. Give the kid another shot.

BillyDee, I see what you are saying, but look up to my post and Eagle's post, which are very similar. There just won't be any quality time in Hamilton for Chang; he'll collect dust on the bench. If he is to develop, it is going to have to be someplace else where he could be the #2 guy, not in Hamilton as the #3 guy.

In addition, there isn't much he could possibly learn from Printers and Williams, the physical skill sets are just too different; Williams and Printers are mobile QBs who can, and do, make things happen with their legs; Chang can't be taught that, he just doesn't have those physical skills. As a drop back passer, he'd learn better playing behind a Calvillo, a Dickenson, or a Ray, or even Glenn; certainly won't learn behind Printers/Williams just like he wouldn't learn from Joseph or Burris.

With Printers and Williams locks at the #1 and #2 spots, Chang just won't get the reps in practice or in games to be able to develop in Hamilton. Far better for his sake and the teams' to move him out (maybe get someone decent in return, who knows) and bring in a younger, cheaper development project at #3.

last four posts are right on!

Unless of course you can trade him to Desjardin for a package similar to the one he gave up for the ever popular Rocky Butler.

Taaffe is the one that made him number 2 ahead of williams. Williams was on this team for 2 years and nobody on the team saw much in him…it wasnt the genius fans letting him sit all along when he could play.

Rumour is (and I cannot back this up, it was just something I heard) that Chang was making close to a starting QB salary. IMHO, money not very well spent. We could get 2 high-end receivers, 2 DHBs, 2 DTs, etc...

A third string QB is worth a starting Offensive lineman and a starting receiver, look at Rocky Butler.

Where is Marcel when you need him?

That was based on training camp evaluation. Williams exploited the chances he got and proved to Taaffe he deserved to be number two. Unlike Timmy whom the usual idiots demanded to start based on nothing more than hope, ignorance, some garbage time when the game was out of reach and hate for Maas.

That was based on training camp evaluation. Williams exploited the chances he got and proved to Taaffe he deserved to be number two. Unlike Timmy whom the usual idiots demandedto start based on nothing more than hope. ignorance, garbage time when the game was out of reach and hate for Maas.
taaffe and everyone else thought chang was number 2 and saw williams as number 3. Its hard for you to blame chang for playing bad but not taaffe for giving him number 2 spot and the evaluation of the organization for two years saw nothing in williams. Taaffe made him number 2 ahead of williams, huge mistake and poor evaluation.

agendas

Why would you trade him? The CFL is a league where you need a solid 3rd string QB, prefect example is the ticats last season. It doesnt hurt to keep him here and I am sure he is not really hurting us with cap space.

Wasnt at camp every day watching them so I cant fault his decison.

However, when Taaffe had rock solid evidence (by real game time play) Williams was better than Timmy he made the necessary move. Which is all anyone can expect.

Willams never got near the same amount of playing time previous to 07 so there was no way he was as able then as he is now.

Besides Taaffe has been here only a year anyway so can't blame him for what went on before.