trade with B C ..rumour

No, he’s right.
It makes no sense to fill the roster with inferior players simply to meet some arbitrary non-import quota. Let non-imports compete with everybody else and let them show they are truly deserving of being on the roster and an improved and more entertaining on-field product will result IMO. If the CFL wants to be taken seriously as a professional football league, then it should treat the roster rules accordingly.
If you enjoy watching non-import wannabe professional football players, then the CIS is for you - go nuts.

On this one seymour, I disagree with you entirely.

Oh well, one out of two ain't bad for a morning.

Please just move to America already. You’re the same guy that compares the stadium budget of a city of 2.3 million with one of a few hundred thousand.

You have no proper perspective on anything it seems. Try to gain some maybe[quote]

Highly unlikely.

I honestly can’t think of anyone on an 0-5 team that we’d want that they would be willing to trade.

No to mention the possibility of Bruce disrupting the chemistry that is happening there right now.

From the Vancouver Province newspaper.

[url=http://communities.canada.com/theprovince/blogs/fifthquarter/archive/2011/08/02/lions-casting-net-for-receiver.aspx]http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... eiver.aspx[/url]

[b]Bruce has been the subject of trade rumours for the last several weeks, though they have been routinely been shot down by the Tiger-Cats. Suggestions linking Bruce to the Lions resurfaced Monday night, however. CKWX reported them Tuesday morning.

Word is the Lions would be interested in another import receiver, Maurice Mann, but Ticats general manager Bob O'Billovich isn't budging.

Bruce nearly matched his career-best season in 2010 with 1,303 receiving yards but has been bothered by a knee problem this year, which forced him out of the lineup for two games. For a trade involving a player who could significantly alter the Lions salary structure, Buono would be facing a large salary to be leaving his roster, making such a trade of significant size by B.C. standards.[/b]

Obie is not going to give up on Mann.

Under the current rules, the only way to do that would be to increase the number of imports somewhere else - O-line, D-line, RB, LB, DB. We might be able to increase at DB once Rwabukamba is healthy, assuming he’s good enough to replace one of our imports. And maybe we could add one to either the O-line or D-line, if we don’t mind a slight decrease in talent there; not sure I’d try that, as it would impact the team’s ability to compete.

If, on the other hand, you are recommending that the league change the import rule, please start a new thread rather than hijack this one. And as that thread would be of interest to all CFL fans, you should probably start it in the CFL Forum rather than in a specific team’s forum. I’d be very interested in contributing to that thread. Thanks.

Why does it seem that every thread devolves into a discussion about the ratio? We get it, some of you don't like the ratio rules. Can we just move on? Bringing it up in every third topic is doing nothing but derailing threads that have nothing to do with the ratio.

I really wish this board had a "beating a dead horse" emoticon.

I have a gut feeling Bruce and Mann are still upset Colbourne adjsuted their attitudes. I believe there is a new dog in town who has elevated the locker room well beyond the issues Mann and Bruce bring to the table. This is no more than a click of players who follow a certain group of players. If Bruce is the problem..............get rid of him. Mann on the other hand needs to nut up and shut up. The team has a true leader on offence and a person who knows how to elivate his play. I beleive a trade will happen.

No problem - we agree to disagree on the roster issue but I believe I may be proven correct in the long run.

You’ve named 6 offensive players that you want to start. Assuming you still want to start 5 O-linemen and 1 QB, that must mean you don’t think Cobourne should be starting at RB. Why is that? I think he’s been playing well for us.

Mann - 11-stich cut on his heel.
Bruce - possible knee/hamstring injury.

Both are day-to-day, or in 1-game injured list.

If Mann had aggravated his cut, then it's possible he tore out the stitches. Bruce has looked injured on the field, but still giving 120%.

It is possible that they could be traded - as ANY player can. Don't forget - they would have to pass a team physical, or the trade would be voided (remember Doug Brown's spleen issue?).

As for the BS that people are spouting about their "hurt feelings" - whatever. If it makes you feel better about yourself slandering others, go ahead.

I’m no GM, but it seems to me that successful teams stockpile great players whenever they can, rather than dump them at the first sign that they may be slightly less great than they were in the past.

Montreal hasn’t dumped Kerry Watkins just because SJ Green and Jamel Richardson have emerged as new threats. Going back to the previous Grey Cup winner, Calgary was deadly when they had Lewis, Rambo and Copeland all in the same receiving corps.

After going all those years with no elite receiving threat (other than, arguably, Flick, whom we also couldn’t wait to get rid of), my vote would be to hang on to what we’ve got.

(Unless, of course, we get something really good in return, as in immediate starter in an area where we need help, but I’m not sure that BC could or would help us in that regard.)

LOL.

The rest is absolute garbage. Every single word.

Zontar - Call it what you want I will state my thoughts regardless of what you think. It appears Bruce has been traded to BC.

Cheers

Yeah, funny how you didn’t specify who was getting traded and nowhere does it say here or anywhere that its because of his “attitude”.

Again, I’ll take facts over “gut feelings” thanks,

Cheers.

As reported by AM900CHML: Arland Bruce III traded to BC for 3rd round draft pick

And you were right. So I guess not every word was garbage as alleged. The attack was unnecessary and contrary to site rules.

No, the unsubstatiated attacks on the characters and professionalism of Mann and Bruce that was crap.

Hell ,everyone and their aunties have been talking trade with or without “gut” feelings"

No, you and the other 'z' guy constantly insulting and riddiculing the fans is what's crap. Do it over at your own board.

What do your dislikes and general negativity have to do with the prev. mentioned attacks on Mann and Bruce ?
If you want to indulge in baseless accusations of players of a team you’re supposedly a fan of there’s bound to be a reaction from somebody.